CRBR130911 : Backroads of Central America - Sept 11

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

CRBR130911 : Backroads of Central America - Sept 11

Postby kmcfarlane81 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi all,

Just looking for any fellow travellers who are doing the Backroads of Central America trip starting in San Jose on the 11th September?

Also any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Peace,

KMc.
kmcfarlane81
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: CRBR130911 : Backroads of Central America - Sept 11

Postby uenes » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Hey,

I will join it too... Looking forward to it!

When will you arrive there?

Ines
uenes

Postby kmcfarlane81 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Hey Ines,

Good to hear from you. I wont arrive at the starting hotel until about 10pm on the 11th so I will miss the meeting.

When are you arriving?

Looking forward to travelling with you.

Keith.
kmcfarlane81

Postby uenes » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:36 am

Hey Keith,

I will arrive two days before, on the 9th in the evening. Need it because of the time difference... Where are you from? Im very excited to meet everyone who will do the trip!

Looking so forward to it, cant tell... hahaha!

Ines
uenes

Postby kmcfarlane81 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:41 am

I would love to be coming out earlier but don't finish work until the morning of the 10th. Have to fly out the morning after we finish as well :(.

I am from Broughty Ferry which is just outside the city of Dundee in Scotland. Where are you from?

I checked the trip on STA travel website and it says there are only 6 spaces on the trip left. Think that means there will be about 10 of us. Have you done much travelling?

Keith.
kmcfarlane81

Postby uenes » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Im from Berlin, so we have nearly the same way to get there! I will fly back the next morning after as well. Maybe we´ll have the same connecting flight.

A group of ten sounds good... I traveled much I think, but not in group like this. As I dont have any experience with this kind of travelling. Seems to get a big adventure! Have you done a trip with g adventures before?

Hope we are a mix of different nationalities!

Ines
uenes

Postby kmcfarlane81 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:40 pm

I have always wanted to visit Berlin, oneday.

I have done about 4 other tours with G Adventures and they have all been amazing. The groups are always a good mix of nationalities and ages and everyone gets on well as we all have the same interests and desires to see the world. The guides are very professional and they take care of all the little things so we can just enjoy the time we have at each place and make the most of it.

I will apologise now for my ignorance at not being able to speak any German. I have been trying to learn Spanish the past few months but apart from that I am ashamed to say that I am a typical Brit when it comes to languages. It is lucky for me that your English is so good :).

So what do you do in Berlin? I hope you don't mind the questions but it will be good to get to know you a bit before the trip. Where have your travels taken you so far?

Keith.
kmcfarlane81

Postby uenes » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Hey guys out there,

who will join us? Would be nice to hear of you!

Ines
uenes

Postby stopdaydreamingstartliving » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi!

My name is Dawn and I am from Canada. I will be doing the first part of the tour with you as I will be doing the Best of Central America tour (CRBO) that starts in San Jose and ends in Playa del Carmen.

I have never traveled with GAdventures but have travelled quite a bit both on my own and with other tour companies. Can't believe our tour is just over a month away! I received my vouchers the other day so the countdown is on! I am arriving on September 8 so if anyone is up to getting together before the tour starts on the 11th, that would be great.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Cheers,
Dawn
stopdaydreamingstartliving

Postby kmcfarlane81 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:05 am

Hey Dawn,

It's great to hear from you :). My name is Keith and I'm from Scotland.

Like you, I have travelled quite a bit and have already completed a few G Adventures tours. I can assure you they are amazing, I have loved every one :D.

I am very jealous that you are doing the full trip but unfortunately I need to be back at work after the Backroads trip :(. Mexico is beautiful and has some incredible Mayan ruins.

I don't arrive until late on the 11th but I think Ines is arriving on the 9th so maybe you guys will be able to meet before the start of the trip :).

Looking forward to meeting you.

Keith.
kmcfarlane81

Postby uenes » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:14 am

Hey Dawn,

nice to hear of you! As Keith already said, I will arrive on the 9th. So we can meet before the tour starts.

Looking forward to meeting you as well!

Ines
uenes

Postby stopdaydreamingstartliving » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Hey Ines and Keith,

We are getting close!

Keith, I was in Scotland in 2011 and loved it. I had the opportunity to see the Edinburgh tattoo and thought it was really amazing.

Ines, I am staying in a hostel not too far from our start hotel but if you are up to meeting on either September 10 or 11, let me know. I will drop you a private message with my email address.

See you both in two weeks!

Cheers,
Dawn
stopdaydreamingstartliving

Postby uenes » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Hey Guys!

The countdown is on, just a few days to go, yeahhhhhh :D

If someone arrive in San Jose a few days before the tour starts, it would be a pleasure for me to meet you already on tuesday the 10th at 11am at the reception of the start hotel. Dawn and me will meet there and want to check out the city. So come over and join us :wink:

See you soon!
Hasta pronto!
Ines
uenes

Postby kmcfarlane81 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Hey ladies,

Only 2 more days and we are in Costa Rica...can't wait :)!!!

I hope you both have a very safe and pleasant journey and enjoy your first few days. I look forward to meeting you both on Thursday 12th...unless you are still awake and at the hotel at about 10.30pm when I arrive on the 11th...but I doubt it :).

Can you please do me a favour and apologise to the tour guide for me for missing the meeting. Also if you can ask them to leave a note at reception for me so I know when I need to be up and ready on the 12th? It would be greatly apprecited :).

Ok...see you both in a few days :)!

Keith.
kmcfarlane81

Postby liamrudevics » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey guys!

My name is Liam and I'm from Australia and I guess I'll be joining you on the tour! Although like Dawn I'm doing the Best of Central America one. I think maybe I missed an email or something because I don't know the name of our start hotel - could anyone help me out?

I arrive into Costa Rica on the 10th at about 10am so after I check into my hostel I'd love to meet up with anyone that's around!

See you all soon :)
Liam
liamrudevics

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge