SEEM130907: Ecuador Multisport - Sept. 7, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

SEEM130907: Ecuador Multisport - Sept. 7, 2013

Postby vermontcathy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:31 am

Hi there! My husband and I are booked for the Ecuador Multisport trip starting on Sept. 7th. We hope to have some great other travelers on the trip, and it would be cool to meet here online beforehand.

Cathy (and Doug)
vermontcathy
User Rank: Traveller

Re: SEEM130907: Ecuador Multisport - Sept. 7, 2013

Postby jenacroft » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi Cathy,
My friend Ashley and I are on the Ecuador multisport trip in September as well!
We are getting really excited for the trip!

Cheers,
Jena.
jenacroft
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby vermontcathy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:21 am

Hi, Jena! This is fun, meeting someone who will be on the trip. We're from Vermont, USA (obviously, since my username is vermontcathy). Where are you from? I'm 39 and my husband is 44 but we are quite young-at-heart, I'd say, and active. Is this your first G Adventures trip? It's our first. Usually I plan our vacations, but for South America, I figured some sort of guided trip was best. We've been to Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Canada, Hawaii, Alaska...
vermontcathy

Postby jenacroft » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi Cathy!
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, it's been a busy summer.
Ashley and I are both from Victoria, BC, Canada.
This is my second trip with G adventures, but this is Ashley's first.
We are definitely getting excited for the trip, it's coming up fast now!
Looking forward to meeting you!
Cheers,
Jena.
jenacroft

Postby payalnyc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi everyone I will be joining this trip as well and traveling Solo. 31 from Queens, NYC. Can't wait for this trip and to meet everyone. This will be my 3rd trip with GAP, traveled with them to New Zealand and South America (Argentina/Chile) in the past.
payalnyc

Postby vermontcathy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi, payalNYC! What's your name (if you feel like sharing)? It's great that several of you are return gadventurers - speaks well of the company. Doug and I have never been on a guided trip - except for a one-day trip in Italy, and with that, as soon as you started to know some people, the day was over.

payalNYC, we're actually flying (connecting) through NYC - Burlington VT to NYC to Atlanta, to Quito. I know, it's a lot of connections. We're going to try to do just carry-on so that there is little chance of lost luggage. We're flying in the night before (getting to Quito airport at about 10pm on the 6th). If anyone else is also arriving early and want to visit the city (particularly Old Town) on the 7th before our meet-up at the hotel in the evening, just let us know.
vermontcathy

Postby payalnyc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:34 pm

My name is Payal! I'm actually traveling to Peru before Ecuador I will be in in Peru from Aug 29- Sept 7 and fly out from Lima Peru to Ecuador on Sept 7 arriving around 3pm in Quito. I'm hoping ot get some sight seeing in that day if possible.

By the way I'm staying an extra day leaving Monday evening Sept 16. I'm looking for anyone who maybe staying around an extra day or two and would like to do something adventurous as I need people to join me on a summit of cotopaxi. I've found multiple companies that can guide you on a 2 days summit to cotopaxi volcano which is the main volcano in quito (in the price range of $200USD). The trip is only for groups of 2 or more and if I was to do it solo would cost more so hoping to find anyone interested in doing this trek.
payalnyc

Postby vermontcathy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey, everyone. Have you seen this thread?:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25492&p=105868

None of the person's complaints seem like that big a deal, except for the Sangay National Park thing. If G Adventures says we'll be trekking in a national park, and we don't, and says we'll hike to the refuge located on Tunguragua Volcano itself and we don't, I'll be upset.

Things do happen to cause itinerary changes. If the G Adventures staff member (CEO) said, "Hey, something happened and we have to change the trek to a different spot", that's one thing, but no one mentioned anything like that. Also, camping next to a fish hatchery... doesn't sound like the nice wilderness camping experience I was hoping for.

There are 3 "multisport" activities on this trip, and this trek, being two days (vs. one day rafting and half a day biking) is a big part of it to me. I'll be pretty disappointed if it's not what they advertised. I almost wish I hadn't seen this person's review, because now I'm stressed out and disappointed, when I should be all excited about the trip.
vermontcathy

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge