NUYF130907 Coast to Coast Camping Westbound(US) Sep. 07,2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

NUYF130907 Coast to Coast Camping Westbound(US) Sep. 07,2013

Postby hanneke » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 am

Hey everyone! :D

I'm a bit early seeing no one has entered any messages in here for departures in September but hey super exited and everything :D .
I'm planning on entering for this trip and I was wondering who else is going?
I'm a 27 year old girl from Belgium and it's my first experience with G Adventures.
Anyways, hope to hear from my fellow travellers. :)

Update Dec. 19th: yep, it's no longer an plan, it's a fact. As of yesterday evening i'm going on this trip! :d
So, love to hear from my fellow travellers!

Byeeee
Hannelore
hanneke
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: NUYF130907 Coast to Coast Camping Westbound(US) Sep. 07,

Postby skywriter » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Veel plezier!:) My cousin also told me Gap travels are great. I still haven't decided yet which tour to take. It scares me a little not knowing who you end up with on a tour.
skywriter

Postby hanneke » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Haha grappig! En dank u! :)
And now back to English so every one else can follow the conversation too :D

It's indeed an adventure on its own but I decided it was worth the risk and i've done the 'not knowing your fellow travellers part' before but with people from Belgium and with trips from KrisKras.
It's exciting and a bit scary but up until now I haven't had any regrets about the trips I took so I decided this one was definitely worth the risk, what an amazing route! :D
Do you already have any tours in mind you are trying to decide from?
hanneke

Postby skywriter » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:18 am

Ok :) Yes I'm thinking about taking the "BEST OF THE MIDWEST (NUCC)" tour but then in July. I can never get 3 weeks of from work unfortunately. We'll see :)
skywriter

Postby amcdonagh » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Hi hanneke!

I booked this trip today so we'll be travelling together! :D woop woop!
I'm a 17 year old boy, I'll be 18 when we go, and I'm from Wales in the UK!
This will be my first trip without my family
I'm so excited!

Alex
amcdonagh

Postby hanneke » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Alex!
Nice to meet you! :D
Woww, that's quite the trip to begin with. I think you will have a great time.
I believe it's (almost) fully booked now for our departure. Can't wait to leave and start the adventure. :D It's going to be amazing!
Do you have a pre - stay in New York? Or are you arriving the 7th as well?

Greetz
Hanne
hanneke

Postby amcdonagh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi Hanne,

When I booked the trip I think they said I had the last place which is exciting that all our fellow travelers have booked!

I haven't booked flights yet but I was planning on flying into Philadelphia before travelling down Atlantic City to visit family-friends to then get the Grey Hound bus up to New York for the 5th or 6th so i can get in a Broadway show! :D Hopefully, it'll also means i wont have any Jet lag for the start of the Tour which I'm guessing is going to be quite full on!

I was also going to add a day or two at the end to explore San Fran a bit more :)

do you plan to add any days?

Alex
amcdonagh

Postby hanneke » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:35 am

Hiya Alex

I would have loved to stay a couple more days in San Francisco but unfortunately the trip itself took up all my vacation days. I'll be arriving with a non-stop flight from Brussels in JFK on the 7th and I'll be leaving the 29th (from San Fran) to go back to Belgium.

I've been to San Francisco before and it's definitely worth staying a bit longer, heck, I would stay there for a couple of weeks :D , when you cross the Golden Gate Bridge there's a lot of things to see and do too.. not just in downtown San Fran and Fisherman's Wharf.
So, yeaah, if you have the chance, I would definitely stay there a bit longer :D
I've never been to New York before but I'm going in May, super exited about that too. Everyone says it's amazing so if you have the chance to come early and stay there a couple of days, I don't think you'll regret it. :D

Jet lag's are weird :lol: some people have them upon arrival like me) and others have them when they get back home (or sometimes both).
I think last time, for the first week, I woke up every day at 4 o'clock in the morning, luckily it passes. :D

I saw that 2 spots are open again for our departure. I'm kinda curious as to who our fellow travelers are :D .. okay, extreeeemely curious :lol: but I guess it's gonna stay a surprise a while longer. :D

byee
Hanne
hanneke

Postby amcdonagh » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:53 am

Hi Hanne,

It's decided that I'm adding days! :D I just have to book flights but my dad is trying to look around to find the best possible deal! The lady in the travel agent's said you can't get everything done San Fran in one day so I'm adding the extra!

I've been to New York before and it is such an incredible place that I had to add more days! It's lucky that I'd have finished school and my boss, in my part time job, is allowing me as much unpaid leave as I want! :D

last time I went to New York I didn't really have Jet Lag but my body clock was just a bit messed up! :)

I'm one of these super organised people who likes to know everything well in advance so it's just killing me not knowing who else is on the trip. I also wish I had a better breakdown of the trip! The one they gave me is okay but it is quite vague so hopefully we'll get one closer to the time :D

Alex
amcdonagh

Postby hanneke » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 am

Hi Alex

Lucky you! :D That's an amazing chance to get as many days of as you want, to be free to travel as long as you want. :D

I'm afraid we won't get more details than the ones that are in the travel description.
Since the trip is YOLO, I think the only things booked in advance are our campinggrounds but what we do once we get to our destination is up to us.. I think.
I think they do this because you never know what will happen so they can't make any promises they might not be able to keep, for instance if we get in traffic or maybe if we see something along our way, and want to stop there for a visit.
With max 15 other people, we have eathother to take in account too and the things we want to see individually but that doesn't mean you can't plan your trip in advance, the itinerary in online so you can make a list of all the things you want to see in the places we visit. :D

It's something you learn, travelling actually is always expecting the unexpectable but to me that's a good thing.. You see amazing things that way.

Hanne
hanneke

Postby amcdonagh » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:38 am

Hi Hanne,

thats a good point and one of the reasons that i'm doing this trip! I think it will help me loosen up and get used to that style of travelling!

Have you traveled a lot? i've been to a few places but mainly hotel breaks with the family :)

Alex
amcdonagh

Postby chrissab » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Hanne, hi Alex! :D
I am Christina from Germany, 39 years old, and i am also joining you on the trip! I am very excited too and looking forward to meet you!
This trip is also the first time a travel with G adventures and its the first part of my round the world journey, i will take around 7 month and i am really looking forward to it! I will fly to new york some days before, and also stay some days in san francisco after :D .
I am sure this trip will be so much fun and i am allready counting the days to go!!

Looking forward to hear from you,
greetings
Chris
chrissab

Postby amcdonagh » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:22 am

Hi Christina!!

So nice to hear from another person going on the trip! :D

Your trip sounds amazing! where will you be going after America? I'm also counting down the days! I have a countdown timer on my Ipod for the day I fly from the UK! I have 5 months, 1 week and 15 hours till I leave :D

Can't wait till the trip!!

Alex :D
amcdonagh

Postby laurzy85 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:31 am

I'm going 2!! i'm from England and im 27 year old female 2 well excited hehe
laurzy85