Dunes, Deltas, Falls - August 9

Meet travelling companions booked on G Adventures trips departing in August

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Dunes, Deltas, Falls - August 9

Postby melaniert » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Very excited that I'll be doing the Dunes Deltas Falls trip from Livingstone to Cape Town starting August 9! I will be arriving in Livingstone the day before and will be staying in Cape Town for a couple days after the tour if anyone wants to meet up before/after and explore the areas.
melaniert
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Dunes, Deltas, Falls - August 9

Postby melaniert » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Update - I'm planning to spend August 29, 30, 31 in Cape Town. My thoughts are to do something local and just explore the night we get in on the 28th if there is time, then the 29th (my birthday!) maybe Table Mountain in the morning and then a whale watching boat trip in the afternoon, on the 30th shark cage diving and then fill in the late afternoon/evening with whatever activity there is time to do, and the 31st I'm thinking a half day tour to the Cape of Good Hope (my flight home is that evening at 6pm so I need to be back probably by 3ish to get to the airport on time). If anyone is interested in joining me in any of that, I'd love to have company!
melaniert

Postby frafrica » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:47 am

Hey,
we're two girls and doing the same trip. We arrive on 8/9 and depart on 8/31 from Capetown.
See you soon :)
frafrica
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby melaniert » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Awesome! I was beginning to think no one from our tour uses the message boards lol. Do you have any thoughts on what you will be doing with your extra time in Cape Town? I'm having a hard time fitting in everything I want to do. Wish I was there longer!
melaniert

Postby frafrica » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:35 am

Hey, we haven't thought about what we're going to do in Cape Town yet. We've already booked a hostel and then we'll see :)
frafrica

Postby frafrica » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:13 pm

Have you thought about taking Malaria meds in advance? Not sure what to do...2 docs, 2 opinions ;)
frafrica

Postby melaniert » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Yep, I'm going to take them. I went to a travel doctor and they went through all the different recommendations for each country with me. I got a yellow fever vaccine, took pills for the typhoid vaccine, and will be taking malaria pills starting the day before the trip and ending a week after we leave malaria endemic places (if I recall correctly, all the countries we are visiting except South Africa have malaria risk, it's 27 pills total). The doctor also gave me a couple general antibiotic pills to have on hand just in case I eat/drink something that makes me sick.
melaniert

Postby frafrica » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks for sharing! I have counted 24 days so I got 24 pills. Maybe I gotta talk to my doc again because of another prescription...Already got the same vaccines and all kind of other colourful pills for any case :)
frafrica

Postby frafrica » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:15 am

Sorry, I miscounted...It should be 17 days of travel, 2 before and 7 afterwards. Is that correct? Darn it...I need 2 more...
frafrica

Postby melaniert » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:54 pm

Yeah, I am arriving on the 8th, so I need pills starting the 7th, and then you need them for 7 days after you leave the affected area. We cross from Namibia to South Africa on the 18th day of the trip (August 26), so I have 7 pills after that day, which ends up being 27 pills total (August 7-Sep 2).
melaniert

Return to August