Treasures of Italy-August 30 Venice to Rome

Meet travelling companions booked on G Adventures trips departing in August

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Treasures of Italy-August 30 Venice to Rome

Postby jodirobin » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Just booked this trip and was told there are 4 other people confirmed. We are 2 people travelling from Toronto to Venice on August 27th and will have a couple of days to explore Venice before the tour begins. Our last G trip was to Peru in 2011. Hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and had an amazing trip throughout Peru including the Peruvian Amazaon. Looking forward to another G trip. Anyone checking out the Departure Lounge going on this trip??
jodirobin
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Treasures of Italy-August 30 Venice to Rome

Postby jk902 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:25 am

Hi! We're going on this trip as well - apparently there are a dozen booked now. We're flying from Toronto - Venice on August 29th.
jk902
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby jodirobin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Glad to see you checking out the Departure Lounge! 12 would be a great number, not too big, nor too small!! I think they may "cap" this trip at 16. We fly to Venice on August 27th, so we will have a couple of days before the tour begins. We loved our G trip to Peru, so hoping for an equally fabulous vacation!! Have you traveled with G before?? We are flying Air Canada direct to Venice and home from Rome on Sept. 14th. We tried to use Aeroplan points but as usual, only long awful connections available. I look forward to our group meeting in Venice. Everyone seems to love Italy, so it should be a fantastic trip.
jodirobin

Postby fallinwater » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:29 am

My husband and I are booked for this trip too. We are from Moncton, New Brunswick and this is our first trip of this type. Neither of us have been to Europe so we are quite excited to see Italy! We will be arriving in Venice on the 29th as we wanted to spend a little extra time there.
fallinwater

Postby jodirobin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:12 pm

The itinerary for the trip looks great and everyone we know that has been to Italy absolutely loves it! I was there far far too many years ago to admit to!! In spite of our age,(??) we hiked Kilimanjaro two summers ago, so we love an adventure and meeting fellow traveler's. I look forward to meeting our group in Venice for a fabulous 2 weeks in Italy.
jodirobin

Postby jk902 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:38 am

@jodirobin - This is our first time travelling with G Adventures - it is actually going to be our 'honeymoon' as well - my wife and I just got married on June 28th but decided not to go on our honeymoon right away.

@ fallinwater - Glad to see some maritimers on the trip! I'm originally from Truro although I've lived in Toronto for the past 7 years since finishing grad school.
jk902

Return to August