Amazon Adventure August 31

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Amazon Adventure August 31

Postby georgialady » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Anybody going on this trip?? Would love to connect with some of our fellow passengers.
georgialady
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Amazon Adventure August 31

Postby gjb » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:11 am

Hi - My husband and I are doing the Aug. 31 Amazon Riverboat Adventure. Is that the trip you are referring to?
gjb
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby georgialady » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Yes. We fly into Lima Saturday, August 31st. Get into Lima late. There will be 4 of us. My husband, me & my brother & sister-in-law. So glad to find someone else that is going. We will be flying from Atlanta. Where are you from? We are getting excited about the trip. Hopefully more of our group will connect with us too.
georgialady

Postby stefanlopez » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:06 pm

Hello
My name is Stephen, and I will be going on the Amazon Riverboat Adventure departure August 31st. I am traveling alone...could not find any of my travel companions that were interested in this trip. I don't understand why!!! because I think it is going to be great. I am from New Mexico, and will be arriving in Lima a couple of day before the trip begins. I look forward in meeting my fellow travelers.
stefanlopez

Postby georgialady » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 am

Hello Stephen, glad you will be with our group. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Hope more of our fellow passengers come forward. We are from Georgia. 2 couples of us.
georgialady

Postby gjb » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:46 am

Hi georgialady- We are also flying from ALT and arriving late on the 31st - so I am guessing we will be on the same flight.

Hi Stephen - We also have a single friend who could not find a travel companion. Sadly, she chose not to go, instead of booking as a single. Enjoy your extra days in Lima!

Looking forward to a wonderful trip!
gjb

Postby georgialady » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:48 pm

I am sure we will be on the same flight. Wasn't much choice on flights. The joke is....that no matter where in the world you are flying to you have to go though Atlanta. Where are you coming from? I think the trip is going to be interesting & hopefully a lot of fun. We have done a lot of travelling but nothing like this. Arlene & Paul
georgialady

Postby gjb » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi again - We are flying from Detroit.
My husband has been to Peru several times. This will be my first visit. I am excited. (I am breaking in my new hiking boots today. So, far so good :)
25 days til take off :)
Cheers!
Jenn and Dan
gjb

Postby georgialady » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Jenn, my boots are all broken in & most of my clothes are ready. Still have to spray all our clothing with permethrin but going to wait until closer to time. We have never been to Peru but are getting excited. We fly Delta leaving Atlanta around 5:30 pm. Coming back we don't fly out of Lima until about 11pm or so & get into Atl around 7 Monday morn. Are y'all on that flight too. We will have to come up with something to do in Lima all day on Sunday to pass the time until out late flight. Arlene
georgialady

Postby georgialady » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:02 am

I guess there will just be us 7 on the trip......no other replies.....lol
georgialady

Postby jeannette » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 am

Hi, I'm Dana and my husband Laurie & I are looking forward to meeting our Amazon Adventure companions! We are from Victoria, BC and very much looking forward to our "bucket-list" trip. We arrive in Lima on Aug 30th...see you then!
jeannette

Postby tute01 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi Folks - I'm Kristina from Toronto Canada. Travelling solo. Doing Machu Picchu Adventure Aug 22-28, followed by 2 nights in Lima, then Amazon Riverboat Cruise starting Aug 31. Look forward to meeting you all. :)
tute01

Postby georgialady » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:12 pm

We are looking forward to meeting everyone too. Counting down the days. Getting more excited every day. Arlene & Paul
georgialady

Postby gjb » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the trip!

Arlene - We are on the same return flight. I am looking forward to spending the last day exploring Lima! I already have several requests for a alpaca sweater so I am sure I there will be some shopping too.

Cheers!
gjb

Postby georgialady » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Jenn, there are also several tours in Lima, 3 to 4 hours. Even doing one of them would still give us shopping time. Going to be a long day!!!
georgialady

Next

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge