Marrakech Express 2013-08-24

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Marrakech Express 2013-08-24

Postby bonana27 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:09 am

Hey guys,

I'm booked to join the Marrakech Express tour on 24 Aug. Who else is going? Looking forward to meeting fellow travellers.

Cheers,
Raya
bonana27
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Marrakech Express 2013-08-24

Postby mirandak » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm going! Just booked the trip a bit ago:)
Wonder if anyone else is going, hmmmm....
Anyhow, I'm a 24yr F from Canada, super excited for the travel!! And you?

Miranda
mirandak

Postby bonana27 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi Miranda,

I'm Raya, I live in Australia. Nice to meet you. :) soooo excited too.... I heard that at the moment, there are 8 people in the this tour, most are single travellers and 2 girls.

Anyhow, opened up this forum because during my research I found out that FC Barcelona (the greatest team ever) has a game on the 28th of Aug in Barcelona (our 2nd night in Barcelona). I called G Adventures to find out if we have any tour activities that night and they said that we should be free that..I'm thinking of booking but I thought it will be better with company would you be interested in watching soccer? I mean..its FC Barcelona in Barcelona...from what I've hear their home games are always exciting.
bonana27

Postby mirandak » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 am

Sounds good to me!! It shall be loads of fun!!! Just keep me updated with the plan and costs:)

Also, I'm hoping to stay and travel in Morocco and Spain for about a week more after the tour is finished, are you or anyone else interested in possibly doing some extra travel with me. Its not exactly safe for a single female traveler in those places soo... yeah!!! If anyone is interested please let me know!!!

Miranda
mirandak

Postby bonana27 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi Miranda,

was looking at ticket prices for the FC Barcelona game...the cheapest is 33Euros seats, there are 65Euro seats, and then it just becomes more expensive than that...

I'm good with with either, I'm good with any seat as long as its below the 100 Euro mark. Let me know what you prefer...

You can check out the prices at http://www.fcbarcelona.com/info-tickets.

I also found this: http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/ ... ckets.html

I'd like to book the tickets before we get there because there is a good chance they might sold out of the cheap ones, and to avoid the long queues. What do you think? I'm hoping to book sometime this week.

Should we individually book our tickets and co-ordinate what seats we take?

As for staying longer in Morocco and Spain, unfortunately, I can't accompany you as I will be flying to Nice then heading to Italy on the 7th of Sept.

Raya
bonana27

Postby mirandak » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Hey Raya,
I would be up for the cheapest seats or the 65 euro ones, whichever you would prefer. I'm not sure where a good place to sit is, so if you have more knowledge than me you should pick the seats! I would like to coordinate seats so we can sit together!! It will be more fun sitting with a friend:) If you are able to buy the tickets I can pay you back when we meet up at the start of the trip if that is ok with you?
I'm looking forward to seeing my first live soccer game!
This is gonna be a great time! Can't wait to meet ya in person! Let me know how the tickets work out:) If you have questions let me know!

Miranda
mirandak

Postby bonana27 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Miranda,

It will be my first live soccer match too, cant wait..I've booked two tickets already at 33 euros each but there was an additional 5 euros for booking fee. Just pay me when we see each other. I'm sooo excited because the more I read about it, the more it feels like it will be an awesome experience. I wonder who else is going to this trip. How long will you be in London for before the tour starts?
bonana27

Postby mirandak » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:58 am

Hey Raya,
Sounds great!! Thank you soo much for booking those tickets, ill have the money for you when we meet in London:) I'll be in London for 10 days before the trip departure, if your around for a bit beforehand and want to meet up early that would be great:) Just let me know.

Miranda
mirandak

Postby samh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 am

Hi

I'm Sam I've just booked to go on this trip as a solo traveler I'm just wondring who else is about 8)
samh

Postby daniellemilliron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:36 pm

Hello fellow travelers! Just checking in with the group to introduce myself. My name is Danielle and I'm from Alaska. I'm 28 years old and currently in the middle of a 6 week backpacking trip through Europe. I traveled through Scandinavia with my brother the last 10 days and he is getting ready to travel back to America for school. I will be joining the group as a single traveler and meeting a friend in Italy afterwards on the 8th. I look forward to meeting everyone in less then a week!
daniellemilliron

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge