ECTT2013-08-10 - Croatia Active Adventure - August 10,2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

ECTT2013-08-10 - Croatia Active Adventure - August 10,2013

Postby seattlenova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Hello...

I just booked the Croatia Active Adventure Tour in Dubrovnik from August 10th to the 17th... But I am coming early... August 6th and staying until the 19th.

Anyone else going to be wandering around Dubrovnik these days? Trying to figure out some extra things to do while I'm there.

I have studied overseas in Finland and backpacked most of Europe in my younger years... So... A few good travel stories... This is my first trip to Croatia though. Did Spain in January and India a couple months ago... Trying to get some traveling in while I can since I am now working overseas. I'm an American from the Midwest... :-)

Touch base on here if you're going to be around Dubrovnik while I'm there or if you're going to be on my trip!

Thanks!

Mark
seattlenova
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: ECTT2013-08-10 - Croatia Active Adventure - August 10,20

Postby c_rossi » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Hi Mark,

I also just signed up for the Croatia Active Adventure! So excited! I am coming into Dubrovnik on August 9th at around 4:00 pm from NYC. I would love to meet up with you when I arrive. Respond to this post and hopefully we can coordinate something.

Carley
c_rossi

Postby c_rossi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:55 pm

I should have said in my last post that I would love to meet up with anyone who will be in Dubrovnik a day early! :D

I'm coming in from NYC august 9th.

Carley
c_rossi

Postby cjunger » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Marc and Carley,

I've also booked the Croatia Active Adventure and I'm very very excited :)
I'm from Germany and come to Dubrovnik on August 8th. So it would be very great, if we can meet on August 9th.

I look forward to your answer :)

Caro
cjunger

Postby c_rossi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi Caro!

So glad to hear from you. Where shall we meet and at what time?

Carley
c_rossi

Postby cjunger » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm

Hey Carley,

as I had never been in dubrovnik before, I don't really know where it is a good place to meet.
But I looked on the map and think that the old port in dubrovnik can be a good meeting point.
Exactly here ;)

https://maps.google.de/maps?q=Gradska+l ... n&t=m&z=18

There we can meet on 5 pm on friday. What do you think, is it okay?

Caro
cjunger

Postby seattlenova » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 am

Carley, Caro and others...

Just checked the board... I arrived in Dubrovnik yesterday... Winding down for a few days before the tour. :-).

If you're flying into Dubrovnik there is a bus the leaves just outside the airport... Go out and look to the right and its a big bus that isn't really marked well but... About $7 USD and it takes you to just outside the Pile gate. Its the cheapest and easiest really. Pretty drama free. You can jump off there and grab local bus pretty much anywhere. Pretty easy. The local tourist office is right there and you can grab a map and they'll help you with any directions you need. The hotel Adriatic where we are staying for the tour is off bus route #4. I am staying at a hotel not too far away that I found a deal on.

That same place is a good landmark and you can head into the old walled part of the city. Go through the gate and just head down the main street until you run into the water and you're there. There will be a lot of people there though I am guessing. I walked around last night and it was pretty busy on a Tuesday but... There's a lot of tourists so... I think every day is like that. so, it might be hard to find each other there but... We should be able to work it out. If we meet on the actual dock part that goes out into their water... Might be easier. Just a thought. Also, if you want...you can email me directly. My email address is seattlenova at the wonderful Gmail dot com. I don't have internet full time but wherever I find wi-fi I check in. I can send a picture or tell you what I'm wearing that day to make it easier. :-)

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the tour and safe travels!!!

Mark
seattlenova

Postby c_rossi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:50 am

Hi Guys,

I am not getting into Dubrovnic until 4:30 PM on the 9th. By the time I go through customs and get to the hotel, it may be late. Just to be safe, how about meeting on the morning of the 10th. The location that Mark wrote about sounds easy enough to find. How about we meet there at 9 for breakfast? I am staying at Hotel Tierna the night of the 9th.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Carley
c_rossi

Postby sammutc2 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi all, I am also arriving in Dubrovnik a day early on Friday 9th August from Ireland and would love to meet up with you all either on Friday evening or Saturday morning....
Carmen
sammutc2

Postby cjunger » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Hey guys,

so what do you think we meet on friday evening (maybe 7pm) at the place mark wrote and on saturday we can have breakfast with the others at 10pm, same place?
Mark, maybe you can send us a map, so we can be sure to find it :)

Caro
cjunger

Postby seattlenova » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 am

Hey everyone...

I was speaking with Carley on private messages and it seemed like 5 pm was a little early for her. So... I guess the plan is meeting around 7 pm so that everyone will be able to catch up and meet us.

Let's meet at the plaza where the bus stops. It is just outside the pile gate. There are a bunch of restaurants but if you walk between them towards the water and away from the street we can meet there. Its a nice view and away from the majority of the people. It should be pretty easy to find.

I tried doing the map thing but I'm on my tablet and it doesn't want to cooperate! Check out pile gate and bus stop online and you should get a pretty good idea.

I am here in Dubrovnik already so if anyone would like to meet earlier in the day... You can private message me on here or email me directly at seattlenova on gmail dot com

I would suggest after meeting we go to DVino wine bar in the old walled city. Through the pile gate... Straight ahead on the main street look for a placard on the left side its down a side street about 20 meters with a few tables set up outside. It's pretty easy to find.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_R ... matia.html

That way we can hang out there in case anyone is delayed and they'll still be able to find us... We can have a drink and a snack and get to know each other.

They have WiFi too so if you have problems you can reach out to me on my email and I SHOULD get it....

Take care and safe travels everyone... Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark
seattlenova

Postby cjunger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:00 am

Hey, it sounds very good, i will be there at 7 pm :)
I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Caro
cjunger

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge