Australia in Style - 4th August 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Australia in Style - 4th August 2013

Postby sarah_88 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi there,

I'm Sarah from the UK and will be on the Australia In Style trip starting in Sydney on 4 August. Very excited although first time travelling on my own and to Australia!

It would be great to know others who are booked on this trip too!

Sarah
sarah_88
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Australia in Style - 4th August 2013

Postby nia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:35 am

Where does your tour take you? I'm wondering if its the same as mine? From Sydney, travelling up the east coast, ending in Cairns?
nia

Postby bjeff » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:39 pm

@Nia I think the first part is the same, but from Cairns we fly to Alice Springs and make our way south to Melbourne.
@Sarah Not much longer now! Very excited here. I'm arriving there on Saturday morning (3 Aug) so that I can do the bridge climb in the afternoon. Too bad more people didn't check in on here, but I guess we'll be meeting them soon enough. See you soon!

Bill (Phoenix, AZ)
bjeff

Postby sarah_88 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi Bill,

Yes I'm very excited too. Hope you arrive in Sydney safely on the 3rd. I will be arriving at 9.00 am on the 4th - would love to do the harbour bridge climb too but not sure if I will have time!
sarah_88

Postby nia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh I see. That's a shame. Nobody has responded to my post - I wonder if I'm the only one on the tour!!? I arrived in Sydney yesterday and already love the place! I'm due to do the bridge climb on Tuesday!
nia

Postby FromYWG » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi there, I am departing on this trip on Aug 25 so if any of you can share helpful hints from your trip, I would appreciate it. For example, what to pack - G seems to use the same packing list regardless of destination so I often bring what I don't need and don't have what I do need.
Am also hearing if the bridge climb is worth it and and what the weather is like.

Have fun!
FromYWG

Postby bjeff » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi Sarah, hopefully you're here now -- see you @ the meeting tonite!

Nia, how did your bridge climb go last week?

YWG: I did the bridge climb yesterday...beautiful weather and the views were terrific! It's kind of a crap shoot, though...if you book in advance you may not have good weather, but if you wait and try to book a tour on a sunny day, they may be sold out.
bjeff

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge