Nairobi to Cape Town - August 19th

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Nairobi to Cape Town - August 19th

Postby anjast » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello!
Is anyone out there going from Nairobi to Cape Town starting August 19th? Tell me about yourself!
anjast
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Nairobi to Cape Town - August 19th

Postby winston.crowley » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Hey how's it going? My name is Winston and I'll be on this trip. I'm a 29 year old guy who worked in NYC until February, when I sold all my things and left to go backpacking around the world. This trip through Africa is going to be the grand finale before I move back to Colorado and start searching for a job again. Anyone else out there going to be on the trip?
winston.crowley

Postby anjast » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:23 pm

It's so cool to know someone who is doing this tour too before it starts!
My name is Anja, i'm a 20 year old girl from Germany. I've done my graduation this year and I still have no idea what to do in my future, so i thought why not doing a trip trough Africa.
When are you arriving in Nairobi? Do you have your night before in the joining hotel?
anjast

Postby winston.crowley » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah I'm really glad they have this forum, hopefully some of the other people in our trip find their way here and introduce themselves.

Congrats on graduating. A trip through Africa is a great way to celebrate. I've always wanted to see Africa and this trip sounds pretty amazing, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I get into Nairobi the night of August 18 and will be staying at the joining hotel. Will you be there as well? I'll also be staying on in Cape Town for about a week after the trip is over, although I haven't planned any of that out yet.
winston.crowley

Postby anjast » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:01 am

I also arrive at August 18 in Nairobi and stay the night before in the joining hotel. I think i will be there at 9 clock in the evening. But i leave right after the tour ends, because there is unfortunately no more money..

It looks like as if no one else is here who also make this trip, really sad.
anjast

Postby winston.crowley » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 pm

Oh well, I'm sure everyone will meet each other soon enough. My flight lands a little earlier, around 6PM, so I should be at the hotel no later than 8 or so. I imagine some of the other people from our group will also be around, hopefully we can meet up for a drink or something to eat.
winston.crowley

Postby nikstar » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:04 am

Hi there, I'm joining this trip too! I wasn't quite as organised as you both obviously were and have only just stopped by this here watering hole for a nosey tonight. I'm coming over from NZ. Likewise, I've been wanting to visit Africa since forever so I'm really looking forward to it. I arrive around 7ish on the night before our tour starts and also staying at the joining hotel so will hopefully meet you and some of our fellow travellers at the hotel that night. Only one week to go!
Nikki :)
nikstar

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge