AVEV 08/22 - Essential Vietnam and Cambodia, August 22

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

AVEV 08/22 - Essential Vietnam and Cambodia, August 22

Postby healthycityboy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi there fellow adventurers...

My name is Juan Gonzalez from Los Angeles, California. I was wondering if anyone else is booked on this trip which starts in Hanoi on August 22. I am so ready for this vacation. I'm travelling solo on this trip, so I'd like to get to know my fellow travellers ahead of time so we can make this a trip to remember!

Juan
healthycityboy
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: AVEV 08/22 - Essential Vietnam and Cambodia, August 22

Postby loueen2008 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 am

Hey Juan!

My name is Sarah and I'm from Manchester, England.

I'm booked on this trip too, also travelling by myself. So stoked about it. Mostly looking forward to Angkor Wat, I've heard it's just mindblowing, but I think every day will be pretty special.

And what better way to round the whole thing off than beers in Bangkok! Can't wait.

S.

PS I'll be in arriving at the joining hotel in Hanoi mid-afternoon on the 21st August so if you're around then perhaps we can go sightseeing?
loueen2008

Postby healthycityboy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Hey Sarah...

So at last there is confirmation that I am not the only one on this trip! I was worried there for a while. Good to hear from you. I am so ready for this trip. I am also looking forward to the Angkor Wat. I saw pictures of it on an in-flight magazine 7 years ago and I said, "One day..." Well, that one day is just around the corner!

I would love to meet up for sightseeing, but I do not arrive to the hotel until the morning of August 22. I think my flight gets in to Hanoi on at 10:30 AM. Maybe we can meet up on the afternoon of the 22?

Looking forward to meeting you,

Juan
healthycityboy

Postby loueen2008 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:13 am

That sounds great.

Shall we meet in the lobby at, say, 1.30pm? I have ginger hair so you shouldn't have any diffculty spotting me!

Anyone else who sees this thread also welcome to come along, the more the merrier.

S.
loueen2008

Postby healthycityboy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Sarah,

It sounds like a plan. See you then. Let me second that anyone reading this thread is welcome to join in. The thing I like best about travelling is meeting new people, so I totally agree with the more, the merrier!

Juan
healthycityboy

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge