Zambia Volunteer and Safari (Zambia to Jo,Burg) Aug 4th-17th

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Zambia Volunteer and Safari (Zambia to Jo,Burg) Aug 4th-17th

Postby murilolisboa » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi all,

This is in regards to the Zambia to Jo'burg Adventure tour (DZPT) travelling between August 4th-17th.

My name is Murilo. I am originally from Brazil and I live in the United States. I will be arriving in Livingstone on the 3rd (Sunday) and spend the next 5 days on the Community Volunteer Project in Livingstone.

Very much looking forward to this trip. It's going to be an amazing experience I'm sure. Hopefully the other traveller/volunteers joining me on this trip will add to that. I'm the first posting and I hope others will make themselves heard as it would be good to have an idea of who else will be joining the group.

Cheers,

Murilo
murilolisboa
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Zambia Volunteer and Safari (Zambia to Jo,Burg) Aug 4th-

Postby katiebackus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:54 am

Oi, Murilo! And to anyone else reading this.

I will be on the same tour as you Aug 4-17, Zambia Volunteer and Safari (DZPT). I have a 12 hour layover in London, UK on Aug 3 on my way there.

I am Canadian and this will be my first time to Africa. Africa has always been the number one place I've wanted to visit and I thought the combination of volunteering and safari sounded perfect. I expect this will be an experience of a lifetime.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and finding out where everyone is travelling from, too.

Cheers, Katie :)

P.S.: I went to Brazil (because my best friend is from São Paulo) for a few weeks way back in 1999-2000. Beautiful place - I miss the picanha and Guarana!
katiebackus

Postby okatsnel » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:40 am

Hi all,

I will be on this trip as well. Less than 3 weeks away! I am from the US. This does seem like the perfect opportunity to experience something new. I was wondering if anyone else is going bungee jumping or white water rafting?

-Oleg
okatsnel

Postby kempy4487 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi,

Our names are Amy and Josh and we are from the UK flying from Heathrow on the 3rd, we are really excited about this trip too as neither of us have done anything like this before. The volunteer part should be amazing. Look forward to meeting you all out there.

:D
kempy4487

Postby katiebackus » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:45 am

Less than one week!!!!

I don't plan on doing the bungee jumping or white water rafting, but I heard that the white water rafting on the Zambezi is one of the best places to do it - supposed to be pretty wild. I'm going to try to do the elephant-back safari &/or the lion encounter.

Also, if you two coming from Heathrow are on flight BA0057 maybe you can spend some of the 10:45 hours of the flight trying to figure out who on the plane might be on our trip - that's what I'll be doing anyway - plus, trying to sleep.

See you soon :)

Katie
katiebackus

Postby murilolisboa » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 pm

T minus 5 days!!!!!
MY friend and I are doing water rafting on Saturday (10th) for most of the day with Bondu Adventures. We will wait until we get there to decide when to do the bungee.

@Katie - I am thinking about doing the Lion encounter too but not sure when that could happen. and it seems we are in the same flight.

I guess we may see each other either at Heathrow during our many hours layover or at Johannesburg airport. If all fail, see you all on Sunday!

Let the fun begin!
murilolisboa

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge