JGS130825: Volcano Trail - 25 August

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

JGS130825: Volcano Trail - 25 August

Postby mel.mack » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi everyone!

Just curious if anyone else is booked on the Volcano Trail (JGS) for the August 25th departure?

Or the longer version of the trip is the Central American Journey (JCS) for the August 10th departure :D

Mel :mrgreen:
(living in Vancouver BC, from London England)
mel.mack
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: JGS130825: Volcano Trail - 25 August

Postby enigma0t2 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi Mel,

I'm also booked for "Volcano Trail" (JGS) departing August 25th. Paid for the adrenaline pack too.
Looks like you and I will be travel mates this summer.

For me, I'll actually be on the "Mayan Sun" (CMCA) trip departing August 10th. That one starts out in Playa Del Carmen in Mexico and finishes in Antigua in Guatamala on the same day and in the same hotel that JGS starts in.

I didn't realize there was this JCS trip. Looking at the itinerary for the Central American Journey (JCS), I think I'm basically doing the same trip as that. (Hmm.... I wonder if I ended up paying more than I needed to by paying for two separate tours instead of that one ....)

Peter
(Toronto, Canada)
enigma0t2

Postby mannythrash » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:41 pm

I'm booked on the volcano trail trip as well!

Can't wait!
mannythrash

Postby mel.mack » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:10 am

Eek! Totally didn't realise I'd had a reply back in June, sorry about that!

Ah cool, I really wanted to do Mayan Sun too but gonna save that for another time I think. A friend back home just did that trip and had an awesome time! Probably not too much of a price difference booking separately.

I'm still debating the Adrenaline Theme Pack; pretty sure I know what I'll want to do already but holding off for a bit.

I'm arriving a day early into Antigua so might bump into the Mayan Sun group at the hotel!
mel.mack

Postby enigma0t2 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi Mel, Manny!

I heard that the Mayan Sun group's hotel at the end is the same one as the Volcano Trail group. Who knows? It might even be the same guide.

Mel, did your friend have any recommendations on what to pack, what to bring, that sort of stuff? any optional side things to pay attention to?

Peter
enigma0t2

Postby melm » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Hey Peter!

Manny is my boyfriend - he booked late to join me and snuck on here without me knowing haha.

Actually I've only really seen her photos and comments through Facebook so not too sure unfortunately, but I know the caving at ATM cave is a highlight.

Now in the planning stages of what to take, going mainly off the packing checklist and going to get the CEO's advice on optional activities when there I think :)

I'm not sure if the CEO will change from one half of the trip to the next, but being the same hotel maybe we will see you before our tour officially starts - we get in early on Aug 24th I think.

I'm gonna have a hunt on here as well to see if there have been any recommendations at all.

-Mel
melm

Postby enigma0t2 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Hey Mel and Manny,

I guess I'll see you guys on the 25th of Aug then. Wow .. that's just one month away. I guess by then, I'll have all sorts of photos from the "Mayan Sun" portion of the tour to show off. :-)

Peter
enigma0t2

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge