Absolute Peru -departure 24th August

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Absolute Peru -departure 24th August

Postby silvia28 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Hi, everyone!

My name is Silvia, living in Belgium and would like to meet my fellow travellers who will be my company for this great adventure! Where's everyone from and how enthusiast are you about this trip?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Silvia
silvia28
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Absolute Peru -departure 24th August

Postby paulag » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:18 am

Hi Silvia,

Nice to hear from you.

My husband and I, Alan, are also on this trip. We are from Melbourne, Australia.

We can't wait! This will be our first time in South America and are looking forward to hiking the Inca Trail (although we should probably be doing so more training for this and brushing up on our Spanish skills too :D ).

Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of our fellow travellers in 72 days (not that we are counting down :lol: ).

Cheers
Paula
paulag

Postby silvia28 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:44 am

Hi Paula (and Alan) and I'm very pleased to meet you to (soon in person also). Sorry, I haven't checked this site in a while. I'm totally looking forward to the good times ahead (because yep, I'm sure this experience will be amazing for all of us). I'm not ready, I still have things to buy, to consider, maybe even a vaccine to do, but I'm becoming over enthusiastic these days - clear signs that I almost realize now that yes, I'm going to Peru! :) It will be my first time anywhere in South America, too, and my second big trip ever. So I will be a canvas. I have the same "problem" with the Inca trail: it still sounds relatively scary to me now: though I am an outdoor person, I do not exercise that much, but we will motivate one another, no worries. So, how many days left now. :)
Talk to you soon and the enjoy the preparation phase!

Best from Brussels,

Silvia
silvia28

Postby janices » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:02 am

Hello Everyone:)

My name is Janice and I'm from British Columbia, Canada. I'm really looking forward to the Peru trip too, only a month to go! I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't done much training for the hike, lol! One of my co-workers did the same tour last year and said it was fabulous. This is also my first trip to South America so it should be quite the experience. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Cheers, Janice
janices

Postby silvia28 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:17 am

Hi, everyone! Just realized I made a huge mistake: my tour actually starts on 26th and not 24th August. :) Are you on the same one, since I ended up by seeing that there's another tour departing 24th...:) Oh, well, when you don't have a head. :)
silvia28

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge