Anyone doing the Indochina Emcompassed 22nd August?

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Anyone doing the Indochina Emcompassed 22nd August?

Postby pickle1983 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Hi all,
Is anyone doing the IndoChina Emcompassed tour on 22nd August - 19th Sept?

Thanks!
Nic x
pickle1983
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Anyone doing the Indochina Emcompassed 22nd August?

Postby laurenh91 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 am

Hi, Im on the Essential Vietnam and Cambodia tour which joins your tour on the 3rd Sept! So Il be with you from then until 19th :)! x
laurenh91
User Rank: Traveller

Postby pickle1983 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 am

Hi,

Oh wow - how exciting!
Will you be travelling around before hand or is Vietnam your first stop?

What are your plans after the 19th?

:D
pickle1983

Postby laurenh91 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Vietnam is my first stop! So i shall be flying straight into there from London. Ive actually got a family wedding in Koh Samui, Thailand so will be going to that for a week before flying home! What are your plans after the 19th? I wish i could stay on longer but couldnt get the time off of work :( xx
laurenh91

Postby pickle1983 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:01 am

Hi!
So sorry ive ONLY just seen your reply!

Wow a family wedding in Thailand sounds amazing!

After the 19th i have a couple of days to myself so im going on a tour to the floating markets and the Tiget Temples on the 20th, then on the 21st i am off on the Southern Thailand Sojourn trip for 9 days. Then i fly home on the 30th September.

Shame you couldnt stay for longer - i actually handed in my notice in my current very stressful job and booked this trip straight after! I finish work next Friday, have a week and bit to relax, then im off on this trip! Cant wait!

Not long to go now eh :)
pickle1983

Postby laurenh91 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Thats okay!

Wish I had longer too but suppose got to get on with working life as well :( Im so excited though! bit nervous too as im flying solo and im not a great flyer!

Just realised ive just replied to one of your other posts on here lol! About the vaccinations. I think you will be okay not getting it done btw.

Do you mind me asking how old you are? Just wondering if there is anyone my sort of age going on the trip.

Lauren x
laurenh91

Postby pickle1983 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:10 am

Yes me too - the flight is the part in most nervous about! But im sure once the plane is on its way the excited nerves will kick in instead :D

Thanks for the advice about the jab - i was getting worried :)

Yeah sure - im 29 years old - how about you? I have a feeling i might be one of the oldest there! Lol.

Nic x
pickle1983

Postby laurenh91 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:04 am

Im 22 :) And im pretty sure you will be one of the young ones! Ive heard they have all different age ranges... Not that I care, I get along with everyone lol.

Bit nervous as well about getting to the hotel on my own.. hopefully can find people also on the trip hanging about!

Getting excited now more than nervous I think! Mainly because ive finally got everything I needed to buy

Lauren x
laurenh91

Postby pickle1983 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:36 am

Different age ranges is good then - means there will be a good mix. Yeah i dont mind either, i get along with everyone so im sure we will be fine :)

Not long to go now! Yeah the nerve wracking bits are the parts when you are alone, but im sure everyone will be in the same boat so hopefully you will find someone hanging around looking a little lost too lol.

I'm excited/nervous too see who i'll be sharing a room with as they are all twins. I guess the person you share the room with will end up being the person you bond with most so hopefully whoever it is we will get along lol.

I'm really looking forward to the overnight boat trip on 4th September as they say this is one of the highlights of the trip!

How much currency are you planning on taking for the Vietnam & Cambodia? Im not sure how much to take!

Nic x
pickle1983

Postby laurenh91 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:19 am

Yes the boat trip is one of the things im most looking forward to.. the overnight train will be an experience too!

Its found it hard working out how much to take as we dont really have a real idea of prices! I thought as we are in Vietnam longer I will have more than that... overall taking about £500 but i have emergency money incase or if that ends up being too much I will change USD to Baht when we get to Thailand! Suppose it depends on the person really, some people may take more as they like to indulge, or people may take less if they dont really drink etc. Hopefully £500 is enough though! How about you?

Lauren x
laurenh91

Postby pickle1983 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:54 am

Yes i think the sleeper train will be an experience!

Well i was speaking to some one at STA Travel and they said to take around $300USD in cash and then £30GBP worth for each place we are going for taxi's / tipping at restaurants etc.

I am probably going to do this, they said that in Cambodia they like USD as long as they are clean!
Most of the activities not included in the price are in USD too apparently.

Have you looked at any of the additional activites we can do in our spare time? There are some really good ones, im hoping to do a cookery course in Vietnam if i have time!

What day is your flight back home? Are you flying from Bangkok?

Nic x
pickle1983

Postby laurenh91 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 am

Yeah im thinking of doing the cookery class too! I think its one price but you do a class in vietnam cambodia and thailand, but Il be on a plane for the thailand one haha!

I have an early flight from bangkok and going straight to koh samui! Think the flight is about 10am, so if we have a heavy last night together i wont be feeling too great lol.

Are you bookign cookery class before we go? I dont get paid till a couple of days before we go so im hoping we can book it there but im not sure.

Lauren x
laurenh91

Postby pickle1983 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:58 am

Oh cool! I am def going to book a cookery class, i'd like to do one in Vietnam becuase i had a Vietnamese curry the other day and now i want the secret recipe to that! lol.

Haha - you know our last night will be a heavy one so i wont envy you the next day lol. At least you can sleep on the plane eh..and if worse comes to worse..hair of the dog?!?

I was just going to book the cookery course when im there i think as its easier and the guide will probably help with it. Someone told me that the museum at Vietnam is a MUST too, so we should plan to do that as well :)

Are you on Facebook? I'll PM you my name and maybe you can add me? At least that way when we meet you will know what i look like!!

Nic x
pickle1983

Postby laurenh91 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 am

Ive just PM'd you it :) xx
laurenh91

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge