ECVD0824 – Croatia Sailing Dubrovnik to Split August 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

ECVD0824 – Croatia Sailing Dubrovnik to Split August 2013

Postby janehart21 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 am

Hi all,

Since there are only a handful of people per boat I don't imagine I will come across anyone going on this trip, but you never know!

I'm doing the Croatia sailing trip on August 24 - Dubrovnik to Split. Would love to get to know my fellow passengers in advance, or hear from someone doing the trip earlier to get a lay of the land.

Thanks!

Nikkie (Chicago, USA)
janehart21
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: ECVD0824 – Croatia Sailing Dubrovnik to Split August 201

Postby clx » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:46 am

Hi Nikkie,

I'm thinking of booking a sailing trip - unfortunately the week before yours (i.e. leaving the 17). Can I just ask, what made you decide the Dub > Split rather than the Split > Dub?

Thanks!
Claire
clx

Postby janehart21 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi Claire,

I wish I could give a good reason, but unfortunately I just went on a whim and chose Dubrovnik to Split rather than the other way around.

I've heard amazing things about both cities from a friend who traveled around Croatia, so I imagine you can't go wrong with either option as long as the flight options from the respective airports work within your schedule.

Good luck!
janehart21

Postby seattlenova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Hello...

I just booked the Croatia Active Adventure Tour in Dubrovnik from August 10th to the 17th... But I am coming early... August 6th and staying until the 19th. Anyone else going to be wandering around Dubrovnik these days? Trying to figure out some extra things to do while I'm there.

I have studied overseas in Finland and backpacked most of Europe in my younger years... So... A few good travel stories... This is my first trip to Croatia though. Did Spain in January and India a couple months ago... Trying to get some traveling in while I can since I am now working overseas. I'm an American from the Midwest... :-)

Touch base on here if you're going to be around Dubrovnik while I'm there!

Mark
seattlenova

Postby janehart21 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi Mark,

Wish I could help you, but I'm not going to Dubrovnik until August 22 and am doing the sailing trip. You might want to consider creating a separate post in the forum somewhere in case there are others who can help you out. Since my post is really just for the sailing trip I'm not sure how many people will see and respond to your request.

Good luck!

p.s. Isn't the Midwest great? I'm from Detroit and live in Chicago now. Would love to work overseas one day though!
janehart21

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge