Classic Vietnam Hanoi to Saigon

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Classic Vietnam Hanoi to Saigon

Postby jessmjc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 am

Hey guys, My name is Jess!

I've recently just booked my holiday to Vietnam for 10 days, starting on the 20th August and finishing on the 29th.
Was wondering if there was anyone else booked in for this tour? :)

-Jess
jessmjc
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Classic Vietnam Hanoi to Saigon

Postby lj2013 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:28 am

Hi Jess
I'm all booked for this trip too, my first with GAdventures. Getting really excited already!
~Lesley
lj2013
User Rank: Weekender

Postby jessmjc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Hey! will be great to meet you, i'm so excited its my first official trip overseas!
where a bouts are you from? :) x
jessmjc

Postby lj2013 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:21 am

I'm British born but have Canadian citizenship now. Been living in BC for nearly 9 years. How about you?
I've visited several cities in the States and several countries in Europe, (and of course travelled all over England and Scotland) but this is my first real trip solo. Hopefully the first of many.
~Lesley
lj2013

Postby julian.sanchez » Mon May 27, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi all,

I am booked for the same trip starting Aug 4th... As well, first time I book here and very excited about it...
julian.sanchez
User Rank: Traveller

Postby lj2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi Julian, hope you have a great time. Where are you leaving from?

When I booked my tour it was still nearly 5 months away...now it's less than 3. The time is just flying by and I can't wait to get on that plane. I have a long weekend in San Francisco to look forward to in July then Vietnam in August will be all I'll be thinking about.

Let us know how it goes.
:)
lj2013

Postby julian.sanchez » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:56 am

Hi Lesley...

Yeahh, I know. Something to look forward to, definitely. It is pretty much in 2 months only for me and time flies fast sometimes.

I am flying from Dubai into Hanoi and then I'll start the tour. After the tour, I am going to Cambodia for around 5 days but without any tour organized to see how it goes and take it more relaxed....

San Francisco is nice, long time ago I was there and had a good time.
julian.sanchez

Postby lj2013 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:27 pm

I so wanted to do Cambodia and Thailand at the same time as Vietnam but am limited to the time I can get off work so I'm saving those for another year. The list of places I want to go to is so long I'll be eighty by the time I'm done! Not to mention broke. :lol:
lj2013

Postby mk2013 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Jess and Lesley,

I'm doing the Indochina Encompassed tour leaving on August 8th. The itinerary says that the trip combines ATBH (Bangkok to Hanoi), AVCH (Classic Vietnam Hanoi to Saigon) and AVCW (Cambodia Experience). If my math is correct, we'll be rolling into Vietnam on the 20th, which means that our tours are likely joining up! I'm hoping that this is the case, as I currently don't know anyone else on my tour. I too am travelling solo, so it's nice to know that there are like-minded people that are doing the same thing.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Megan
mk2013

Postby julian.sanchez » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi Lesley...

Oh, yeahh I am as well broke... And haven't yet looked into accommodation in Cambodia, so more expenses to come.

Yeah, I know, once you are in the region, then you are tempted to stay longer exploring around.

I haven't found yet anyone who is taking the same trip as me (departing HANOI on Aug 4), but well, let's see if someone comes here at least to get to know someone before the trip.

And where r u flying from? Canada? US?

Cheers
julian.sanchez

Postby lj2013 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Hey Megan, good to hear from you. I hope we do meet up, so far there are still 7+ spaces on the Aug 20th departure so it looks like it might be a small group (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

And in reply to Julian, I'll be flying from Vancouver, Canada, so just a short 18 hour flight lol with a 2 hour layover in Hong Kong which I am not looking forward to. I can get lost just trying to get out of a car park.
lj2013

Postby julian.sanchez » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Lesley,

Hong Kong airport is a nice big airport. It has lively areas to eat and shop, but also some quiet sections and a bit big so hope you don't get lost.

Do you need visa to Vietnam? I am getting my passport back tomorrow from the Embassy and looking forward to the trip, almost one month and a half...

I still haven't found anyone joining the tour on August 4, though there are just 3 spots left... perhaps they haven't found this discussion

Cheers
julian.sanchez

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge