Buenos Aries to La Paz Adventure 03/08/2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Buenos Aries to La Paz Adventure 03/08/2013

Postby martinmills89 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi

Im Martin, 23, from South West in the UK. I am going on the Buenos Aries tour to La Paz. Would be cool to chat to anyone going on this tour. Im also on the tour from Rio before, arriving in BA on the 2nd.I am continuing onto Lima after this tour.

Martin
martinmills89
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Buenos Aries to La Paz Adventure 03/08/2013

Postby stian79 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi,

I'm Steve,34, from Bergen, Norway.
Looks like I'll be joining you on this trip. :)
I'll be travelling through Central America for about 5 weeks before heading South to Buenos Aires and I'll be landing early on august 3rd.
I'm afraid I'll be heading back home as soon as the trip is over, but if you never been in Peru you will love it. Lima is a lot of fun and the people (especially the tourist police that saved my ass down there :? ) are very friendly.
Looking forward to meeting up and travelling together for a couple of weeks.
Stian
stian79
User Rank: Traveller

Postby martinmills89 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Hi Steve

Sounds great. Peru sounds awesome. Ive not been to any of South America before so really looking forward to it. I may see you on the third. I will be staying at the hotel from the 1st.
martinmills89

Postby stian79 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Sounds good. I'll probably see you on the third then. I'll be checking in as soon as I can before heading back out to La Boca to take some pictures and doing som sightseeing around the city before I go for breakfast/lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. (For some reason it has become a must do kinda thing for me...)
After that, depending on the time, I'll probably be going back to the hotel to meet up with the rest of the group and dinner. :)
Stian
stian79

Postby nlondon » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Hello,
I'm Natacha, 34, from London. I am finalizing the trip for this departure, this is my first time in South America. I should arrive on 3rd of August in BA and after the trip I will come back to BA for a couple of more days. Looking forward!
nlondon

Postby stian79 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:56 am

Hi Natacha. :)
Looking forward to meeting you in Buenos Aires. I'm currently traveling with Gadventures through Central America and having a great time.
Will be my second time in South America as I did a 4 week trip to Peru in 2011, but can't wait to get back. Lots of friendly people. :D

Kind regards
Stian
stian79

Postby martinmills89 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:52 am

Hi Natacha

Sounds good. Im starting on a tour on Thursday in Rio. See you in Buenos Aries! Let me know if you want to meet up on the 3rd.

Martin
martinmills89

Postby dawniebuck » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:43 pm

Hi, everyone!

My name is Dawn. I'm an American from the NYC area. This will be my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th countries in SA. Went to Peru with Gap a while back.

I will be arriving in BA on Aug. 2nd at around 12 from the airport, but I am not staying at the Carsson...very close, though...Concorde Hotel, 25 de Mayo 630. It looks like it's a 5 min. walk. I booked that one because it has free internet & breakfast, got better reviews, and is a tad cheaper, but maybe I'll cancel it if it's free cancellations, so that it will be easier to possibly meet up with others in the group like yourselves. Maybe we could leave notes at the desk regarding what we're doing on the 2nd or 3rd? I could stop by to see if anyone's around or if there are any notes. I would be interested in doing something with others, especially at night. Done a lot of traveling, but you can never be too careful.

BTW, did you guys already get your Bolivian visa or are you getting it at the border? Or perhaps your nationalities don't require one?

I am really looking forward to meeting you all & having a great time on our adventure!
Dawn
Dawn
dawniebuck
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby andy281 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi Martin, Steve, Natacha and Dawn!

I'm Andy, 31, and I'm heading over from Manchester UK this Friday for the BA --> La Paz tour. I've only just booked it so it's extremely last minute!! Never been to SA before, done some travelling around Asia but look forward to meeting up with you all on Saturday! I'm heading straight to Cusco after this trip to do the Lares trek.

See you soon!
andy281

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge