Absolute Peru- August 10th 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Absolute Peru- August 10th 2013

Postby bizbuff » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Hi fellow travellers!

Just putting my hand up and say I'll be seeing you there!! :D

It would be great to hear if your coming!

Liz x
bizbuff
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Absolute Peru- August 10th 2013

Postby kpm » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 am

Hi Liz,

I'm going on this trip too - really looking forward to it. Just starting to think about long walks in preparation! It's my first trip of this kind so any tips gratefully received.

I'm from the UK.

Penny
kpm

Postby bizbuff » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Penny
Its great to hear from you!

If this is your first trip solo your going to love it! being nervous and excited at the same time,just remember your getting on the plane solo,but when you land you will make new friends! :D

When I booked my trip I still got nervous but it means your on to a good thing and this will be my 4th continent and 2nd trip with g adventure and I cant wait!!!

My advice would be to read posts on here in the south America section, they gave me my answers,
do your research (vaccination , equipment etc), pack light,
wear in your walking boot/shoes and build up your fitness I've introduced some changes to my gym workout!!!

:idea: I'm planning to get spare camera batteries so I wont miss any opportunity as on the trail there is no power point

Oh I'm from London!
If you have any questions get in touch and have fun planning x
bizbuff

Postby jen267 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi I'm also booked on this trip and very excited! I'm from the Gold Coast in Australia and have wanted to do this for ages.
This is my first trip with G, but have travelled with others and solo before. It seems like ages away but it's really just around the corner, time to break those walking boots in lol.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.
cheers Jenny
jen267

Postby bizbuff » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi Jenny,

Yay another traveller!

Like you I've wanted to do this trip for a long time, so I'm kind of wishing the year away so I can pack and go on our adventure!

great to hear from you!

Liz x
bizbuff

Postby jen267 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:18 am

hi Liz and Penny and anyone else reading on this trip, I am arriving in Lima in the evening of friday 9/8 and planning on going on an organised push bike ride around Lima on saturday morning before the trip meets up. it's 3 hours and starts in Miraflores at 10am. If you are interested I'll post the link, sounds like fun and a great way to get a feel for the city
cheers
Jenny
jen267

Postby kpm » Mon May 20, 2013 4:35 am

Hi Jenny,

we (I coming with 3 others) are also arriving on the evening of the 9th, I think we'll see whether we need to recover from the flight before booking a bike tour, though it sounds like a great way to see the city.

On the Trailfinders site, this tour has 5 spaces available, but no more Inca trail permits, so I guess it is less likely that those places will fill up now.

Penny
kpm

Postby bizbuff » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Guys!

Your bike tour sounds like a great idea to start the trip, however I'll be arriving that morning at 7am, I don't think that's enough time to meet up.
(my mum would say make sure you wear your helmet!)

There are few museums I'm interested in, I'll pop along to explore those!
Not long to go now! all I need to do now is brush up on my Spanish!

Liz X
bizbuff

Postby jen267 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:49 am

Hi all can you believe it's only 2 weeks now!! So excited and so getting organised in advance, I could be over thinking it lol. Looking forward to meeting up, if you have booked pre accomm not with G note that the starting hotel has changed, it's in the current trip notes. Cheers and happy travels, see you soon
Jenny
jen267

Postby claumet » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:35 pm

Hey travellers,

I got really excited when I read your posts. I also booked this tour. I did some preparations today and can't wait to start the trip :wink: I will also arrive in the evening of the 9th. Maybe there is a way that we can meet up in the evening/ morning. If possible I might join the bike tour spontaneously.

Really looking forward to meeting you. :)

Greetings from Germany.

Claudia. x
claumet

Postby elr1992 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:57 am

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you all :) I'm actually not going to be joining you on your trip, I'm on the Lima to Buenos Aires tour departing on the 11th, but I get into Lima and to the Hostel (are we all in the same hostel?) on Friday the 9th so I have a few days spare to do some exploring. I would really like to join the bike tour on the 10th! Any chance you could post up the link for me?

This is my first trip out of Europe and my first ever solo trip so very excited but also very very nervous now haha!

Hope to see some of you out there!

Emma, 21 from England xx
elr1992

Postby bizbuff » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm

HI Guys!

I Know were all getting excited just the last few things to get!

Our new hostel looks cool and is close to a few places to visit, Claudia and Emma meeting up on the 10th would be great. As I said before I don't arrive until early morning, I'm sure I'll be wide awake to go exploring!
Huaca pucllana is just down the road!

if not see you all real soon!

Liz x
Last edited by bizbuff on Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bizbuff

Postby claumet » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi,

just to be sure...they changed it to the Casa Suyay or were there other changes recentely?

Slowly getting nervous... :wink:

Claudia x
claumet

Postby jen267 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:28 am

Hi everyone! in 1 week I will be on the plane woohoo!! for a very long time - not so woohoo! The link for the bike riding is this http://www.biketoursoflima.com/tours.htm I haven't booked yet but will over next couple of days.
And Claudia the hotel/hostel is Casa Suyay unless it's changed again, maybe check the trip notes on line before you leave home...
I get into Lima at around 5.30pm on the 9th so probably won't be at the hotel for a couple of hours after that so am thinking it's going to be a saturday meetup...
take care everyone and see you soon
Jenny
jen267

Postby claumet » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:32 pm

have a good flight everybody...
see you soon...x :)
claumet