Borneo Encompassed August 1st

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Borneo Encompassed August 1st

Postby jbeau » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Hello all!

I thought I'd make a post to see who is going on the Borneo trip in August? This will be my 3rd Gap trip, and again I'll be a single traveller in Borneo. I've always ended up with the best roommates though! I'm a 25 year old teacher from BC, Canada. Who else is out there?
jbeau
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Borneo Encompassed August 1st

Postby Cale » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:13 pm

Hey,

I just snatched up the last spot on this tour. This will be my 4th trip with G. I live just outside of Toronto so it's nice to see another Canadian will be on the tour. When are you arriving? Are you planning on attempting the Mt.Kinabalu climb?

Cailan
Cale

Postby jbeau » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey Cailan!

Congrats on the last spot! I'll be arriving in the early afternoon on the 1st from Kuala Lumpur. My boyfriend and I will have been travelling for a month throughout Thailand and Cambodia when I get to Borneo though. (He'll be off on his own adventure then...not joining me for the Borneo part)

I'll be doing the hike, and hopefully will survive. I did the Inca Trail with Gap a year and half ago and made it, but the altitude is definitely challenging!

Jen
jbeau

Postby lisa maree » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:51 am

Hi guys,

I thought I had posted in this thread a few weeks ago, but it appears to have not worked.

I'm 23, a radiographer from Australia. This is my first Gap tour. I'm only doing the Borneo Adventure tour, which I'm pretty sure joins the Encompassed tour when in swings back to Kota Kinabalu again. I'm travelling solo for the second time, so I'm keen to meet some new people!

Lisa
lisa maree

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge