NUYF130727 - Coast to Coast Camping Westbound: 28/7/2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

NUYF130727 - Coast to Coast Camping Westbound: 28/7/2013

Postby willum » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi All

I'm Will and I'm signed up for the trip above, ending up at San Francisco, CA, on August 17th.

I'm 28, and I live between Wells and Glastonbury, Somerset, UK. I'm an IT techie at a local secondary school.

I'm flying out to New York JFK on Saturday July 27th from Heathrow. I expect to reach New York lunchtime-ish, and look forward to meeting you all in the joining hotel that evening.

As it looks as though I will have some time to kill in New York for the afternoon, it would be great to meet up with anyone else who might have also got there already. :)

So who else is coming on this trip? I know there are a few of you, mostly Europeans, including a few fellow Brits plus one Aussie.
willum
User Rank: Traveller

Re: NUYF130727 - Coast to Coast Camping Westbound: 28/7/2013

Postby willum » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:24 am

I was told that this trip was fully booked, as I got the last place available!

Has no-one else discovered this forum, then, or are you all shy?! ;)
willum

Postby harrietpam » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:50 am

Hey Will, glad to see someone on here from the same trip! Been meaning to put up a post for a while now.

I'm Harriet, 19, on a gap year and going to newcastle in September.

I'm arriving in New York on the 24th to spend an extra couple of days exploring so would be happy to meet you that afternoon :) anyone else going up early??

I'm also staying in San Fran til the 20th... what are your plans for after the trip?
harrietpam
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby willum » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:25 am

Sadly, I'm not going to be hanging around for long after the end of the trip, which I may yet regret.

I've got a flight from SF back to NY JFK around lunchtime on the 18th of August, then a couple of hours stopover in JFK before my connecting flight back to Heathrow.

I'm wondering what mid-morning back in the UK on the 19th is going to feel like by then...

Thanks for replying. :)

I imagine I'll head straight to the joining hotel so that I can at least ditch some baggage, but I may yet feel the need to get horizontal. For various reasons, it looks like July 27th is going to be a long day...
willum

Postby willum » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Right, well, the big day is now almost upon us.

I had hoped a few more people might have introduced themselves by now, but I would still be pleased to meet people earlier in the day on the 27th instead of waiting until our meeting that evening.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with myself after reaching the hotel, but I'd be delighted to hear from / meet anyone who will be around already or else will be getting there at about the same time as me.

Late lunch somewhere, perhaps? I might be game, particularly if anyone can come up with recommendations for a good sandwich. ;)

PM me for my mobile number / E-mail / Facebook. Whatsapp is also good for me. :)

Otherwise, look forward to seeing everyone at around 9pm on the 27th.

Here's to a super trip!
willum

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge