AHDK130720: Delhi to Kathmandu Adventure-July 20, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

AHDK130720: Delhi to Kathmandu Adventure-July 20, 2013

Postby nasher » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:23 am

Anyone booked on this yet that wants to chat?
nasher
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: AHDK130720: Delhi to Kathmandu Adventure-July 20, 2013

Postby jen2013 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 am

Hi there,
I just booked this trip too- I am Jen from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
I'm very excited about seeing India and Nepal!
I'm thinking of staying for a couple of days after the trip and am wondering if anyone else was planning to do the same.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the trip! I heard we have a full group now and I'm glad I got a spot.

Jen
jen2013

Postby nasher » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi Jen,

Nice to hear from you. I'm staying just one extra night in Kathmandu in our end of tour hotel. Just thought I needed a wee bit more time to see what Nepal has to offer, maybe do the Everest flight etc. Looks like the tour is fully booked so hopefully we'll have a good group. If its anything like the last tour I did with Gap it certainly should be. And one of my travel buddies there was Canadian too, so its all boding well so far. Just need to do some final prep now i.e. visa, vaccinations etc. and soooooo looking forward to it. SO I guess I'll meet you on the 20th. Travel safe
Cathriona
nasher

Postby mllelauralie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:07 am

Hi,
I'm also on this trip! Laura from Berlin, Germany. This is my first time traveling outside Europe and North America, so I am super excited!
Got my visas and vaccinations, and am starting to come up with a packing list...
Does anyone know what to do about moskito nets? Everyone I asked said I should bring one. Do you think there'll always be an opportunity to hang it up in the hotels?
So cool that we can get in touch here already! and I can't wait to go to India & Nepal!! I'm going to Bangkok right after the tour is over though.
Greetings,
Laura
mllelauralie

Postby nasher » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:49 am

Hi Laura,

Not sure about the mossie nets. I think bringing a good mossie repellent should suffice and spray it on the bedclothes before getting in should work. Its worked for me before. But its hard to know. As long as its not heavy I would bring it. Not bringing one myself because I don't think there will be a lot of places to hang it.

What advice were you given re malaria tablets etc.
Still haven't gone for my vaccines yet as I am fairly up to date and only require top ups. Still waiting for my Visa too, but hopefully that shouldn't be an issue.
Really looking forward to this and hopefully we will all have a great time. See you on the 20th
nasher

Postby bethany&dan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi all,

Bethany here. My husband, Dan, and I are looking forward to the trip! We'll be arriving a day early and staying a few days longer. We're from California, USA, and excited to meet you all.
bethany&dan

Postby mllelauralie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 am

hi,
thanks for replying :) so i think i'll bring the moskito net, because like i said i'm going to thailand, australia etc afterwards, and think it might come handy when protecting me from cockroaches and other crawlies in the night :)
as for malaria protection, i'm bringing a stand-by drug (malarone). i mostly got standard vaccines too, plus typhoid, hepatitis a, and a hepatitis b renewal. also i was told to stay away from wild animals so i wouldn't need a rabies shot.
the most important thing to bring will probably be something against diarrhea :D and something to disinfect your hands.
greetings,
laura
mllelauralie

Postby artdogali » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello,

This is Alison from Florida. My friend Pam Kaiser and I will be joining you. We are arriving at midnight the night before and staying in Kathmandu for an extra day. Can't wait for this trip. Pam and I have travelled together before and on our own Europe, Asia, and NOW INDIA!!!
artdogali

Postby mllelauralie » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 pm

did you guys get your visa for nepal already or are you getting it at the border? and if you already have it, what adress did you put down as contact info?
mllelauralie

Postby bethany&dan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm getting my Nepal visa at the border. It seemed the easier of the options.
Cannot believe I leave in 2 days for this trip! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Bethany
bethany&dan

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge