Arctic Cruise

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Arctic Cruise

Postby kazlar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Hello
I've just joined the forum & booked a trip to the Arctic in July, so looking forward to that & for any helpful tips & advice that may be useful to help us prepare for our trip.
Thanks
Karen
kazlar
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Arctic Cruise

Postby danny67 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 am

When is youre artic cruise ours is 29 july
were are you from? we are from Belgium
regards,
danny67

Postby lesliew » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:23 am

I also just booked an Arctic trip! I'm on Realm of the Polar Bear departing July 2. I too am interested in any tips people may have.

lesliew
User Rank: Nomad

Postby kazlar » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:17 am

Hi Leslie

Looking at the forum it's been a while since any of us have been on. However, now the time is getting closer, it would be good to catch up & share any tips that either of us may have or hopefully get some from other travellers that are going on the same cruise on the 2nd July.

So, hopefully you will see this & look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards
Karen
kazlar

Postby lesliew » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi Karen, I'm getting really excited about the trip! I am in the process of organizing everything I need and buying what I don't have. I've purchased some waterproof pants, like they recommend, and I plan on packing clothes that I can layer. I'm going to attempt to pack everything in one large backpack so that I have minimal luggage to carry. And of course I have my most important items - my camera and my binoculars! :)

lesliew

Postby kazlar » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi Leslie,

It's been a while since I've been online, but yeyyy, not long to go now - just over a week.

We went to see the Northern Lights a few years ago, so hopefully Neil & I have got enough gear. I have purchased some waterproof trousers though, as I didn't have any.

We are really looking forward to the trip, can't believe it's nearly here - it seems so long ago that we booked it.

I've been looking at the Longyearbyen web cam & it's looking a bit grey at the moment - it's 7.25pm at the moment there, so fingers crossed for some clear days (& nights). The 24 hour daylight is going to be so weird.

We will be arriving from Olso via Tromso at 2pm Tuesday afternoon. Hope to see you sometime.
Kind regards
Karen
kazlar

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge