CAM130706: Mayan Adventure - July 06, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

CAM130706: Mayan Adventure - July 06, 2013

Postby readingfcboi » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Hey everyone,

I hope I've done this the correct way.

I have recently booked to do this tour, and must admit I am very excited. This is my first attempt at traveling solo and doing a tour package, so I am not sure what to expect really but my friends who have done this have always said good things :D

Anyways would be good to speak to anyone else doing this same tour before the adventure starts 8)
readingfcboi
User Rank: Weekender

Re: CAM130706: Mayan Adventure - July 06, 2013

Postby lucielu » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:45 am

Ahoy!

Hello - I am on the same tour! Whoop! So, I did a Vietnam one in Sept and it was awesome - literally got back and booked this! It will be fabulous!

I'm Lucie btw - and a Bradford City fan :-)

Where are you flying from? Perhaps we're booked on the same plane?

Tale care

Lucie :-)
lucielu
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby readingfcboi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:49 am

Hi Lucie,

It's good to hear from someone who is on the same tour as me and that you've done a G Adventures trip before.

My name is Alan, I'm 29 and live near Reading. Bradford City is cool, I have a lot of respect for Phil Parkinson who was at Reading for a long time.

I am flying out this Saturday as I plan to spend 5 days in the New York City area and then fly down to Cancun on 4th July and plan to visit Isla Mujeres on 5th July. I have paid for 2 extra nights at the Hotel Hacienda.

When do you leave for Cancun?

Speak soon hopefully. I am getting excited now as I am starting my adventure this Saturday.

Regards,
Alan
readingfcboi

Postby lucielu » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:36 pm

Good luck on your travels Alan - I'll see you in a fortnight! I'm Lucie, 32 from Kingston. I fly out a week on Saturday so am literally just doing the tour (trying to scam 3 weeks off work in one go was difficult enough!)

Enjoy New York and I'll see you in Cancun. I'll be the one who has zero idea of the itinerary, agenda or plan! A holiday for me means that someone else takes care of all that so I shan't have a clue!

Take care, safe travels and see you soon!

Lucie
lucielu

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge