EIAL Amalfi Coast Local Living, 29 June 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

EIAL Amalfi Coast Local Living, 29 June 2013

Postby kleetampa » Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello,
I'm Karen, from Tampa, Florida, USA. I'm booked for the June 29 Amalfi trip. I'm traveling alone, and it would be great to "meet" my roommate online ahead of time. If you're traveling as a single female on this trip, I'd love to hear from you. It would be great to "meet" any of the other travelers that will be in our group too. I'm arriving in Naples a day earlier so that I can have a full day to explore the city. If anyone else is arriving early and wants to explore Naples, let me know!
kleetampa
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: EIAL Amalfi Coast Local Living, 29 June 2013

Postby ddpoetsoc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:57 am

Hi Karen:

I am on your tour later this month. I am a history teacher, livign and working in NYC.

This will be my fifth G (or Gap) Adventure tour in the last couple of years. I am really looking forward to seeing the Amalfi Coast! I look forward to meeting you in a few weeks.

allan
ddpoetsoc

Postby kleetampa » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi Allan -- Thanks for your post. I'm flying through NYC on my way to Rome. I'm arriving a day early, so I'll be on Delta flight 246 from JFK to Rome on June 27th, arriving in Rome at 10:50 am on 6/28. Any chance we're on the same flight?

This is my second GAdventures trip. I went to Turkey with them last September and absolutely loved it. I've been to Italy once before, to Rome, Florence and Venice. I'm looking forward to experiencing a different part of the country and a different lifestyle. Plus, I've wanted to see Pompei since I first learned about it in elementary school. Finally!
kleetampa

Postby ddpoetsoc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 am

Hi again Karen:

I am flying out of NYC on June 28, arriving in Rome the next day sometime, then taking a connecting flight to Naples.

I did Gap's Best of Turkey three years ago. This will be my third trip to Italy; I've been to Rome-Venice-Florence. What intrigues me about our tour is that there is less running around, we're situated in one spot and then go hiking all day. I've never hiked for that amount of time but am looking forward. I hear the scenery in this part of Italy is otherworldly, truly beautiful.

Looking forward to meeting you in Naples! I think our tour filled, which is encouraging. Last year in Greece, there were only seven other people, and it's makes all the difference if the tour is full or not!

allan
ddpoetsoc

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge