Indochina Discovery departing 24th June

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Indochina Discovery departing 24th June

Postby leefromaus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:23 am

Hi, my name is Lee. I'm 19 male and from Australia. I'll be doing this solo :/
Anyone booked on this trip!?
Last edited by leefromaus on Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
leefromaus
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Indochina Discovery departing 24th June

Postby jonnysymo » Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 am

Hi Lee, I'm Jonny, and am happy to say I'll be joining you on the greatest tour this site has to offer. just over a month to go and I am really excited. I'm also 19 but from London, so a bit far from you atm, but that should change soon :P

What part of AUS are you from and thank god i've found someone to talk about this tour with before I go. I have a mate who's also on our tour but he's doing another 2 tours himself before I go out and meet him in Bangkok.
jonnysymo

Postby joey1992 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm off on this tour as well :)

Great to see a few others who are going. I'm 20 and from the UK. I will be arriving in Bangkok on the 24/06 and will be having a couple of days to myself there.

Would be great to hear from you :)

Joe
joey1992
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby leefromaus » Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 am

Ohhh Sick! For a few days there I was expecting to be the only one on the trip. I live about 5 mins out of Brisbane (QLD). So you and your mate are both on the tour? But he’s there now right?
@joey1992 – You arrive on the 24th and have a couple of days in Bangkok? Are you sure you’re on the one departing on the 24th?
leefromaus

Postby jonnysymo » Wed May 22, 2013 5:58 am

Ah no need to fret, I thought so too until I found this post at long last! That's cool, always wanted to go there :lol:
Yeah he's in Indonesia now doing Bangkok-Bali on a showstring, he's then going to do a short Thailand tour for 2 weeks and then meet me @ Bangkok later. I would be jealous but I've already been to Mexico for a month so this is his time to do something...ok i'm a lil jealous.

And yh Joey are you sure you've got the right thread? this tour starts on the 24th.

Are u all set? I just need to sort out visas
jonnysymo

Postby joey1992 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:40 am

Ohhh this is embarrassing. I arrive in Bangkok on the 24th and don't start my tour until the 28th (Friday). However, I am doing the same tour, just different dates.

Have fun lads. :)
joey1992

Postby jonnysymo » Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am

hey no worries bud, i'm sure you'll have a good time, i hope u find other ppl on ur tour

enjoy yourself too :mrgreen:
jonnysymo

Postby embern » Tue May 28, 2013 6:28 am

Hey guys, I'm also on the trip! My name's Emma, I'm 21 and from London. I'm also coming solo, so at least there are a couple of us :)
embern

Postby leefromaus » Thu May 30, 2013 7:58 am

Mexico...a bit jealous mate! That’s great
I think I’m all set. My visas are all done. How about you?
I had a read through the itinerary...wow it looks pretty amazing! A lot of time on the bus though... so I’m thinking about bringing a book or two /ipod. When are you getting to Thailand?
Hey Emma! Good to hear from you. Are you all ready?
leefromaus

Postby jonnysymo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:27 am

Yeah visas and malaria pills are all i need to get, and yeah maybe a few books, gotta have my ipod, we'll be doing a lot more travelling than i thought!
I arrive like retardedly early, 6:55am on the 23rd, im meeting my mate and we'll be spending the night b4 the tour at a hotel, when do u arrive and how longs ur flight?

And i've got an exam on the 13th, but that's mad that u have 1 the day b4 u go! U can literally finish the exam and then shout "Screw you guys, i'm off to Bangkok!" hope u get the results u need :)

Hi Emma good to hear another person from this trip, and another Londoner too! Where in London r u from?
jonnysymo

Postby embern » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Got to pack and all but have got my visas, malaria pills etc. sorted. I'm from North West, how about you?
embern

Postby jonnysymo » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:37 am

Cool cool, I'm from up North too, i live near Wembley Stadium what parts are you from? And glad to here ur all set, and hope ur excited. My friend who's in Bali atm says he's heard that the tour we're going on is the best, probably the best 1 available xD

Do u know what day ur flying out to Bangkok? It would be gr8 if we were on the same flight so i dont have to travel there completely alone, but i doubt it anyway...
jonnysymo

Postby embern » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 pm

I live in Hampstead. I fly out on the 23rd, I think my flight is around 9.30pm so I get in a day after you. At least you have a friend to meet up with once you get there!
embern

Postby leefromaus » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 am

That's good though! You basically have two days there at the start. Which is cool, because you can have a look around.
I get there on the 23rd also but at like 9am or something. I'm staying at my uncles apartment the night.
leefromaus

Postby jonnysymo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:19 am

Aah cool, much nicer part of the capital than where I am :D Have you ever done any travelling like this b4?

That's handy that you've got family out there, your uncle must be a laugh if he lives in the place we're all desperate to see.

Also, general discussion here, what bags are you bringing and any essentials, I already know to bring my ipod and books for all the bus journeys, I've also bought a travel pillow, so really thinking ahead there
jonnysymo

Next

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge