NUFA130615: San Francisco to Los Angeles Adventure - June 15

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

NUFA130615: San Francisco to Los Angeles Adventure - June 15

Postby jwillis50 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 am

Following on from my Thailand tour and quick visit to Australia, I'm arriving in San Fran for the 8 day San Fran to LA tour.
Since most of the tour is in relatively close proximity with most of the time camping or in a van (or similar), I thought it might be nice to see who else is going on this same tour.
I'm leaving on the 15th June.
jwillis50
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: NUFA130615: San Francisco to Los Angeles Adventure - Jun

Postby notnatsm » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 am

Hi,
I'm doing the Best of the West which is a combined tour of what you're doing and LA to Vegas.
I'm from New Zealand but live in Australia (Western Australia).
I've travelled NZ, Australia, some Pacific Islands, Kuala Lumpar, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and some Indonesia. My trip to the States, starting May, is what I consider to be my first big trip away from home. Asia is very different to home but given it's proximity I didn't feel it was as big a trip as this one.
Where are you from? What do you do for fun?
I'm 28, work for a Bank and do photography as a side business.
Michelle. :)
notnatsm

Re: NUFA130615: San Francisco to Los Angeles Adventure - Jun

Postby jwillis50 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Hey!
So your Best of the West tour incorporates this trip?
I'm from the UK. A town called Watford, which is just outside of London.
I'm 21 and am only working part time in a shop at the moment. I'm planning on jumping into a full time career once I'm done travelling this summer. This is my first big trip away from home too. In fact it's my first time outside of Europe. Apart from a short time at uni, it'll be my first time away from my family for an extended period too. Although they're far more worried than I am. I'm concerned that my attitude about my 2 month trip is a bit too la-dee-da.
For fun? I like to tempt myself with even more trips away that I can't afford or get the time off for. Other than that it's mainly sports for me. Watching, playing, the usual for a guy my age I suppose.
jwillis50

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge