Cape Town to Livingston to JoBurg - May 26

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Cape Town to Livingston to JoBurg - May 26

Postby jrubino » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:06 pm

Hey,

Thought I'd start up a topic for my trip to meet anyone else going.

I'm doing the complete CPT to JoBurg trip, but this overland also includes Dunes, Deltas and Falls and the CPT to Nairobi (I think). So we'll be mixing and matching along the way. Fun!

Drop a line to say hi.

j.
jrubino
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Cape Town to Livingston to JoBurg - May 26

Postby rachelniewiada » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi J!

My name is Rachel and I am from the States.

I'm taking the trip from Cape Town to Nairobi.

Where are you from?
rachelniewiada

Re: Cape Town to Livingston to JoBurg - May 26

Postby jrubino » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:25 am

Rachel!

Hello, my name's John. It's great to meet ya. I'm from the States, too ... but haven't lived there since 1997. Yeah, I'm one of those expats you always hear about but never meet.

I am so psyched about this trip. I mean, I travel quite a bit but been playing it too safe lately. It's nice to get back to my first real adventure in years.

I have to admit I am the world's worst camper, ha ha. Oh, I have the horror stories to prove it. Yet, that's never stopped me before.

I'll be arriving in Cape Town on May 23. Wanted to spend a little time to see the city and go shark cage diving. Might even try tandem skydiving ... Start this crazy trip out right.

Well, not to ramble on as I tend to do. Let me know what you're thinking about this trip. Can't wait to meet up with you and the rest of the group.

j.
jrubino

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge