DCKD130518: Morocco Kasbahs & Desert - May 18, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

DCKD130518: Morocco Kasbahs & Desert - May 18, 2013

Postby bunnylovebunny » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:15 pm

Hi,

I just booked the last spot for this trip, and am obviously excited! Is anyone else on the forum booked for this tour as well? I'm flying into Casablanca on the 17th from London Gatwick (but from Ontario). I get into Casablanca around 2PM. Does anyone want to meet at the hotel on the 17th to walk around and/or find a place for dinner? I'm going solo and looking forward to meeting some others.

Also, does anyone know much about getting from the airport to the hotel and how difficult it will be to communicate to a cab driver and not get ripped off? If anyone is flying into Casablanca around the same time maybe we could share a cab????

I'm also doing a week in Spain after.

See ya in a few months,
Diana (30 - from Ontario)
bunnylovebunny
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: DCKD130518: Morocco Kasbahs & Desert - May 18, 2013

Postby mrm » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Hey Diana,

I hope you're doing well.

I'm signed up for the Morocco Kasbahs & Desert starting May 18th from Casablanca, and I'll be arriving on Friday, May 17th around 11am from Madrid. I'm also traveling alone and am looking forward to meeting you and others on the trip. I'm definitely up for wandering/getting food/whatever on Friday and/or on Saturday before the group meeting. Let's coordinate.

Cheers,
Meg
(27, Washington, DC)
mrm

Postby bunnylovebunny » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:11 am

Hi Meg,

Sorry for the delayed response. I assumed I would get an notification email that someone had responded.

I had to change flights due to booking issues, so I now arrive the Friday around 9:30 PM. I would definitely be up for meeting on Saturday. I would like to see the Hassan Mosque, but otherwise I don't have anything else I must do in Casablanca besides wander. I believe the tours of the Mosque are at 9, 10, 11 and 2, so I would try for a morning tour. If you wanna join me let me know! Otherwise, we can meet up after.
bunnylovebunny

Postby shomzy » Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 am

Hi Dianna, Meg
I'm going on a different Morocco tour which starts on the same date from Casablanca (Marvellous Morocco). I would be interested in joining you for the Hassan II mosque on Saturday (18th) if you are planning to go on that day. I would also be interested in meeting for dinner somewhere on the Friday evening before.
About me: I'm F, 33, from Toronto. This is my 1st gadventures tour and I'm going solo.
cheers :D
Soma
shomzy

Postby bunnylovebunny » Mon May 06, 2013 11:43 am

Hi Soma,

It would be great to check out the Mosque together.. Do you know if the hotel has wifi? Would you like to set up a meeting time ahead of time?

What is your flight schedule like? Are you flying from Pearson?
bunnylovebunny

Postby sh0mzy » Sat May 11, 2013 2:14 pm

sorry about the delay in responding (account/password issues).

Yes I'm flying KLM from Pearson on thursday evening, 16th, and get to Casablanca on Fri afternoon. Is that the same flight you're on?
I'm staying in a different hotel on Fri night than the gadventures starting point (riad salam) but will check-in there on Sat. They do claim to have wireless but it's best to set up a meeting in case! I can think of a few options:
i can send you my number via private message and we can use whatsapp or something to communicate if there's wireless.
Or if not, I can call your hotel and ask for you by name or vice versa.
Or just arrange to meet at a certain place and time and let each other know what to look for!
Let me know if you have a preference and we'll go from there.
Soma
sh0mzy

Postby bunnylovebunny » Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 am

Hi Soma,

I am on a different flight. I go through London and spend a night there and fly out Friday night to Casablanca.

I will PM you my phone number and maybe we can arrange a meet time and place through What's up. I have limited internet time at the moment and may not get back online until the day I fly to London, so it would be nice to have that figured out. Will msg you now.
bunnylovebunny

Postby bunnylovebunny » Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 am

Meg (and anyone else who sees this). We are meeting in the lobby on saturday at 10:30 at our starter hotel morocco house hotel.
bunnylovebunny

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge