CRQ20130518: Costa Rica Quest - May 18, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

CRQ20130518: Costa Rica Quest - May 18, 2013

Postby janinett » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey there :D
My friend and i are so excited and really looking forward to our first G Adventure! We booked the 9 days tour from 18 May til 26 May.

Who is coming, too? :mrgreen:
janinett
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: CRQ20130518: Costa Rica Quest - May 18, 2013

Postby gea27 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Hey Jannett,
I've booked Costa-Rica Adventure from 13 to 26th May. I guess , we will be in the same group :)
I'm from Russia , Moscow. Where are you from ?

Best, Elena
gea27
User Rank: Weekender

Postby janinett » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi Elena,

whhoowhooo another group member :D
But did you book starting from 13th or 18th? :shock: We are on the Costa Rica Quest Tour, i believe there is another one called Costa Rica Adventure which is a couple of days longer. Maybe you are on this tour if you really booked starting from the 13th?

My friend (Ninett) and I (Janine) are from Germany and will arrive in San José in the morning of the 18th May.
janinett

Postby azngrl2000 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi everyone,

A friend and I are in the process of booking this trip as well. The Costa Rica Question that runs from 5/18 to 5/26. (Still have to get some paperwork together.)

I was wondering, did either of you guys purchase the adrenaline pack for $175? I could have sworn it was $205 a few weeks ago. We plan to arrive sometime on the 18th in the afternoon. :) Can't wait to book and start the countdown.

- Linda :D
azngrl2000

Postby gea27 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Ninette & Janine,
I've just had a look at the route map.
I guess , we will meet in La Fortuna :D
Best , Elena
gea27

Postby gea27 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Hi Ninette & Janine,
I've just had a look at the route map.
I guess , we will meet in La Fortuna :D
Best , Elena
gea27

Postby janinett » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:13 am

Hi Linda,

sorry for my late response. We didn't book the adrenaline pack since we are afraid to miss more suitable adventures (depending on wheather etc.). In some responses here in the Waterin Hole they say that it is better to wait until we are in Costa Rica. But you are right, i thougth it was for 205$ as well.

Did you book the tour now and also the package? Will be great to see you all in May :mrgreen: The tour will surely be lots of fun!

I am already planning on what to pack. Will you guys bring a rainjacket?

@ Elena: Cool, yeah - let's meet in la Fortuna :D
janinett

Postby azngrl2000 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Janine,

We didn't book the adrenaline pack either. We saw some optional activies for rafting/canyoning, and that was something we want to try. I saw someone's picture on it and it look so much fun.

We actually booked the tour today, and saw that after we booked it, there's only 2 slots left for our tour! Looks like it's going to be a decent size group. I can't wait! Already started my countdown.. :D

Haven't decided on what to pack yet. Going to go get some hiking shoes and water shoes this weekend. I think we're going to bring a small raincoat or water resistantjacket.

When do you fly in? We're flying in on May 18th from the USA around 1:30pm. Hoping to explore the city a little before the tour meeting in the evening. :mrgreen:
azngrl2000

Postby janinett » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 am

Hi Linda,

only 5 weeks and a couple of days left til the tour starts. :mrgreen:

We are flying in around 9:35am on May 18th since we start from LA in the night at 01:35am, so we've got lots of time to explore the city. Maybe we will meet in SanJosé after arriving :D and explore some parts of it together... :mrgreen:

We actually come from Germany (close to Hamburg). Ninett and i've got a couple of vacation days in California just before the trip in Costa Rica starts.
Where are you and your friend from?
janinett

Postby azngrl2000 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi Janine,

Only 5 short weeks to go.. can't believe it. Before we know it, we'll be boarding a plane to CR! :mrgreen:

We will be traveling from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the US. By the time we board our plane, you guys will be in CR already. I wouldn't mind doing a red-eye flight to CR but there were no flights available. That sounds like a plan, hopefully, we'll run into you guys and we can explore together. Need to research what there's to do in San Jose.

Oh, you'll love California! 8) I haven't been there in a while, but loved it when I was there. What cities in Cali are you visiting?

Btw, are you planning on bringing hiking shoes and water sandals? My friend and I are still debating on which one to bring. Someone who works at G Adventure said we should be ok with the water sandals as packing both will weight us down.
azngrl2000

Postby janinett » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Hey Linda,

probably me the last time writing since we will jump on our plane to Cali on Thursday. We will have some kind of round trip starting in LA, San Diego, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Yosemite, SanFrancisco etc. :mrgreen: I'm sure we'll have lots of fun :D

We actually were also debating about the hiking- or water shoes and we figured, that we will think about that in Cali and might get some cheap water shoes over there. I'm not sure if sandals are the right decision. Maybe some water shoes which are not open, so that our feet are not partly "naked". Someone said that it is better since those bugs like to bite right there. But is it true? I have no clue, i bet they bite where they can :evil: .

Are you on Facebook? If you like you can PM me your name and then we might get into contact :D
If though our internet doesn't work over there (but i think almost all HOtels offer WLan!?) i wish you a very good flight over to San José and we will see us over there :mrgreen: This will be so much fun!!

Hasta luego!
Janine :mrgreen:
janinett

Postby azngrl2000 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi Janine,

Oh my. You're definitely going to have a lot of fun. You trip in California/Nevada sounds so much fun. I've never been to LV or Yosemite yet, so I'm definitely jealous. You're going to have to tell me how your on the west coast is.

My friend has decided to skip the hiking shoes and go for some water sandals that are partially covered, however, there are holes in them. I was thinking of getting hiking shoes and then some cheap water shoes for the activities that involve water. There's definitely going to be a weight difference, but who knows. I guess once we start packing in a few weeks we'll have it all figured out. Definitely not looking forward to the bugs biting. Everyone did say that this trip won't be glamourous, so I guess we can take these bug bites are battle scars from the trip. :lol:

I am on facebook so I'll PM you my info now. I'd love to see your advenuture in Cali while we're anxiously waiting for our flight over to CR on the 18th. :D I'm pretty sure most hotels would offer free wifi, if not in the room at least in the lobby.

Safe travels on Thursday and may you have a great time in Cali before we meet in San Jose. Can't wait!!! :mrgreen:

Linda
azngrl2000

Postby daniel_1220 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello fellow travellers!

So glad I found this "watering hole!" I'm Daniel, I'm coming from Canada and also going on the Costa Rica Quest trip on May 18. Just been reading through this thread and it looks like we're gonna have a great group, and it's gonna be a blast!

I'm arriving in San jose around 4 pm on the 18th, so I guess some of you will already be there. But no worries, I'll meet up with everyone at the hotel or on the trail! And the water sandals/hiking shoes debate is a good one, strill haven't made up my mind about that haha. Happy travels everyone, I'll see you all soon!
daniel_1220

Postby azngrl2000 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to this thread and we're glad to have you on this tour with us! :D

I saw that that tour is sold out so it's going to be a full house and so far I believe we have a great group on this adventure.

Yes, the big debate on the water/hiking shoes. I think me and my friend are playing by ear as well. More than likely I may opt for hiking shoes and get some water shoes. Someone at G adventures did tell my friend that water sandals should be fine so we've been looking into brands such as Keen and Merrell.

If we don't talk again until the trip, have a safe flight down in less than 4 weeks! :)

Linda
azngrl2000

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge