North and South Thailand Highlights april 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

North and South Thailand Highlights april 2013

Postby gosiacapraro » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 am

Hi,

I booked the North and South Thailand Highlights April 28-May 12. Traveling alone, so it would be nice to chat with people who are also booked on this adventure before we all meet in Bangkok :) This is my first solo trip so I am freaking out:) just a tiny bit.

Cheers,
Maggie
gosiacapraro
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: North and South Thailand Highlights april 2013

Postby jillvhogan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi Maggie! I'll be on this trip traveling solo as well. Don't freak out, this is going to be amazing! I did a solo trip in Vietnam quite a few years ago and was a bit nervous before that one, but got over it as soon as I met up with the group that first night.
I'm just starting to think about all that I need to do to get ready before I leave, so if you think of anything or run into any good advice, let me know. Look forward to meeting you!
Cheers,
Jill
jillvhogan

Postby gosiacapraro » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi Jill,

So happy to hear from you. I can't believe we only have one week to get ready for this amazing adventure! Time to start packing:) Looking forward to meeting you in Bangkok.

Safe travels,
Maggie
gosiacapraro

Postby elissapf » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Maggie, hi Jill!
This is my first trip traveling solo too. Also my first gap adventure trip. I'm really excited though!
Where are you traveling from? I am from NY. I'm flying to Germany on the 24th and then continuing on to Bangkok arriving the morning of the 27. If you will be there the 27, we should meet up. On the 28th I signed up for Flight of the Gibbon, a zip line adventure an hour outside the city. It arrives back at 5 pm in time for our group meeting - in case either of you want to join me. Anyway, my email is elissapf413@gmail.com. Looking forward to meeting you both soon.
Elissa
elissapf

Postby jillvhogan » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi Elissa & Maggie!
I'm really glad there are other solo travelers on this trip! I am coming from San Diego and I arrive around midnight on the night of the 27th. I booked a room the night before the trip actually starts at the same hotel we'll be staying at on the 28th (Furamaxclusive Sukhumnvit). I don't think I'm going to make any set plans for the day of the 28th, I think I'm just going to wander around the city and get acclimated before we meet up with the group at 6 pm. So I'll be wandering around somewhere! If either of you want to chat before, my email is jillvhogan@gmail.com. Looking forward to meeting you both soon and safe travels!
Jill
jillvhogan

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge