CCCA130316 : Central Cuba Adventure - 16th March

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

CCCA130316 : Central Cuba Adventure - 16th March

Postby rathbone07 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:24 am

Hi,

Myself and my fiancee will be travelling on Central Cuba Adventure Tour on 16th March, just thought we would drop in and say Hi to anyone else that may be on this tour looking forward to the experience should be awesome!!

:wink:

Cam & Gem
rathbone07
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Central Cuba Adventure - 16th March

Postby mosi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi. We are also joining the group. We are a Norweagian couple (Sigrid and Rune). We are looking forward to visit Cuba for the first time.
mosi

Re: CCCA130316 : Central Cuba Adventure - 16th March

Postby shakeitandrea » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi there guys!!

I'm travelling in this trip too!! I will be on my own tho, I hope the couples are cool with that haha!!

I've been on a few G Adventures trips before and they all have been absolutely amazing!! So I'm very very excited to get going on this one! (There are always Norwegians on these trips which I think is so awesome!). I'm from Canada, btw.

I'm actually taking another G adventures trip before this one, to the western part of Cuba, so I'm very exited! Hopefully ill be a Cuban expert by the time I meet up with you guys!!

When are you guys arriving? Have you been to Cuba before??

I'm very excited!!

-Andrea
shakeitandrea
User Rank: Weekender

Postby jobilling » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:39 am

Hello everyone! I am also going on this trip. I'm from Sweden and will also be coming alone.

I'll be coming to Havana already on the 14th, is anyone else also arriving early? If not, I look forward to meeting you all on the 16th!

Johan
jobilling

Postby rathbone07 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 am

Hi Guys,

Great to hear from others coming on this trip, we will be travelling to Havana on the 16th from Tijuana via Mexico City. My wife and I just got married in the weekend and are Looking forward to spending some time in Cuba and meeting everyone in the tour group, first time to Cuba, sounds wonderful and interesting and we've been told a real experience.

Does anyone know what happens with the homestay component of the tour or where it is on the tour?

See you all soon.

Cam & Gem
rathbone07

Postby shakeitandrea » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:26 am

Hello again everyone!

Congrats Cam and Gem! That sounds like you've picked a great trip for your wedding/ honeymoon!

I don't really have a great answer about the home stay, but I do have an answer. I did a home stay on a previous G Adventures trip. Everyone was a bit apprehensive about it going in but it turned out to be a wonderful time! I don't know how it will work for this trip of course, but my previous experience was very good. They split us up into small groups of 3 and 4 and we went with different families. Maybe these places will be bigger and we'll all be together?? I guess we'll find out when we get there!! I think this kind of "home stay" is common in Cuba so I'm sure everything will be quite comfortable.

I'm really looking forward to experiencing the culture and meeting the people. I'm getting very excited! (Looking forward to a few mojitos as well!!)

Yay! See you all soon!

-Andrea
shakeitandrea

Postby mosi » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Hello everyone.
Only some few days left before we arrive in Havana! We are very exited! We arrive on Friday night but have booked another hotel our first night. We go to hotel Plaza about 3 pm on Saturday. Hope to meet some of you there.
See you soon!
Sigrid and Rune
mosi

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge