CGME130327: Mayan Encounter - March 27, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

CGME130327: Mayan Encounter - March 27, 2013

Postby sheenam » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi,

Is anyone out there going on the Mayan Encounter trip on March 27?

I'll by flying into Guatemala City with my boyfriend, arriving just before noon on March 27 and hoping to make it to the hotel early in the afternoon (barring any delays). We're from Alberta, Canada, and are VERY excited for a break from the winter here!

We're particularly excited to go snorkeling in Caye Caulker. We are also registered to complete our PADI Open Water dive certification locally--we're hoping to complete our four referral dives in Playa del Carmen at the end of the trip (we've booked two extra nights and are communicating with a dive shop there).

Anyhow, if you're going on this trip, I'd love it if you said "hi" and told me a few things about yourself--where you're from, what you're excited for, etc. :D
sheenam
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: CGME130327: Mayan Encounter - March 27, 2013

Postby dragonflypond » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Hello,

Looks like the Mayan Adventure, which I am taking, is made up of two other trips including yours. I start in Cancun March 16 and looks like your tour joins us March 27.

I am from Penticton BC and am looking forward to the Mayan ruins and the warm sun.
dragonflypond

Re: CGME130327: Mayan Encounter - March 13, 2013

Postby helleborus » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:48 pm

Is anyone on this trip arriving a few days earlier in Antigua?

JoJo
Alberta, Canada
helleborus

Re: CGME130327: Mayan Encounter - March 27, 2013

Postby sheenam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 pm

Excellent! Nice to meet both of you. Seems like there will be a few Canadians in our group. :D

Yes, I think it is also part of a longer trip. I wish I could have been on that one! I wonder how many people will be joining and how many are part of the original trip that starts on March 16.

The last time I was on a G Adventures tour, it was still called "Gap Adventures" (2006); it was a great experience, so I'm getting quite excited for this trip. Less than 5 weeks...
sheenam

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge