ATRT130302-Thailand on a shoestring-March 2nd 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

ATRT130302-Thailand on a shoestring-March 2nd 2013

Postby kate » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am

Hi

Just wondered if anyone was signed up for the Thailand on a shoestring trip this march? Thought it would be nice to say hi and get to know fellow travellers before leaving.

Kate :D
kate
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: ATRT130302-Thailand on a shoestring-March 2nd 2013

Postby jt1986 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi,

I am doing the indochina trip from the 3rd March... I am arriving in Bangkok on the 2nd and have the day to roam around and see the sights before my trip starts the following day...

What day does your trip start? Is it the 2nd?

Jo xx
jt1986

Postby kate » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 am

Hi

Yes my trip starts on the 2nd...I arrive the day before and looking now as to what I can do. Have fun on your tour! :D

Kate x
kate

Postby vron » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:21 am

Hi Kate,

I'm booked on the Indochina Encompassed trip which meets up on the 2nd March but starts really on the 3rd, I'm arriving in Bangkok on the 1st and I'm thinking of doing the cookery lesson on the morning of the 2nd, maybe we could hook up on the 1st and visit the night market ? I'm a lone traveller but I've been to Bangkok before.
vron
vron
User Rank: Weekender

Postby hailee » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Hi Kate! I am booked on the Thailand on a Shoestring tour and I fly into Bangkok Mar 2nd. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the group meeting that evening :) Are you travelling solo, like me?
hailee

Postby kate » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:17 am

Hey Vron and Hailee

Sorry for the late reply. I always forget to check the forum and I don't get emails when someone posts anything. oopppsss.

Anyway....Hailee, i'm glad someone else is doing the tour. I started to wonder if I was on my own. I am a solo traveller. Unfortunately none of my friends were in the same position as me and/or bothered about travelling so I plucked up the courage to book anyway! I'm getting very excited but also a little scared too as this is my first travel trip...and i'm doing it by myself. Just trying to figure out what I need to pack. I want to pack light but as I haven't done much travelling before not sure how well that will go. Have you done much travelling before?

Vron, I do feel this is a little weird how we have never met or spoke yet could potentially meet up in Bangkok?? When did you last visit Bangkok? Everyone tells me that I will meet a load of people in the hostels so I've booked myself into one in a hope I will make friends. lol. Now Bangkok looks like a big place...where about would you be staying? Is it weird if I ask a bit about you? Sorry I am such a newbie at all of this but going around with someone would be kl =D

Kate xx
kate

Postby vron » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:20 am

Hi Kate,

It's a long time since I was in Bangkok and the last time I was there I was with my husband(we have since parted company), Bangkok is a very busy place and the last time I was there I thought it was a bit seedy, the temples etc are fab and you have to prepare yourself for the smells.....both good and bad, but that's all part of the experience.

I'm booked into the hotel where the tour starts from and your friends are right you will meet people at the hostel, Don't worry about travelling on your own, I find most people are friendly and when they realise you are travelling solo people usually make an effort to include you and to chat. I don't know where the hostel is in relation to my hotel but if it is close by we could hook up if you like, from my past experience I don't fancy the idea of being in a taxi on my own in Bangkok.

I took early retirement from the public sector three years ago, I'm 50(it's the new 30 you know), family raised and I've always loved to travel, being solo is no barrier so enjoy!!

Vron
vron

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge