CCC130223 Cuba Colonial

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

CCC130223 Cuba Colonial

Postby gerry balding » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi,

My name is Gerry from the UK. My wife, Tricia, and I are travelling on the Cuba Colonial tour starting on 23rd February 2013. It is our first trip to Cuba and we are both looking forward to it :D Is anyone else out there booked on the trip? If so, please stop by and introduce yourselves...
gerry balding
User Rank: Weekender

Re: CCC130223 Cuba Colonial

Postby kristy310 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 am

Hi Gerry,

I'm a last minute addition to this tour, I grabbed the last seat today when my other tour options fell through! I'm a solo female traveller from Sydney, Australia. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife in Havana in a few weeks.

Kristy
kristy310
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby gerry balding » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Hi Kirsty,

Great to hear from you. It will be our first trip to Cuba. We are looking forward to the trip; not long now. We were interested to learn you had booked the last place as when we booked in December we were the first. No one else has contacted us yet so I guess we'll have to wait to meet our other companions.

Look forward to meeting you,

Gerry & Tricia.
gerry balding

Postby indi06 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:19 pm

I was almost on this. :) but no :( i ended up booking intrepid because at the time I booked G wasn't guaranteed :( My leave only get issued once a year through a bidding system and is extremely hard to change so i had to book what was confirmed. But on a similar itinerary and leave 24th so may run into each other. I heard Intrepid and G run similar and sometimes see each other. I'm also solo from Sydney so that would have been cool if I was on your tour. Arriving Havana the 21st so have a few days to explore before my tour so if anyones around and wants to explore then let me know. Otherwise all enjoy your tour. Hopefully intrepid is as good.
indi06

Postby gerry balding » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks for the message. When we paid the balance at the beginning of December our agent told us that we were the only ones booked at that time but they expected more people to join before the departure date and G would guarantee the departure.

I hope your trip goes well and you enjoy Cuba; we are really looking forward to it. :D
gerry balding

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge