DAJB140201- Joberg to Nairobi Overland

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

DAJB140201- Joberg to Nairobi Overland

Postby sylviasz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:50 pm

Hello fellow travellers!

My name is Sylvia and I just wanted to introduce myself to those that may be coming on the tour starting at the beginning of February!
sylviasz
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: DAJB140201- Joberg to Nairobi Overland

Postby tara53 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:27 am

Hi Sylvia, me and my husband David are coming on this trip too. We are from Melbourne Australia. Where are you from?
tara53

Postby sylviasz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:14 pm

From Calgary, Alberta. I'm getting so excited for this trip! Have you started looking at the optional activities as of yet?
sylviasz

Postby bethlesko » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Everyone;
My name is Beth, and my husband and I will be traveling with you all! We're from Regina Sask, Canada. Very excited for the upcoming trip. I do have one question for you all: what type of sleeping bag will you be purchasing? do you think I could get away with buying a 7 Degree Celsius bag?
bethlesko

Postby tara53 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:57 am

Hi Beth, we were not sure on this either so we just bought minus 2 Celsius bags as heard it does get cold overnight. Not long now. How many days before the trip are you staying in joburg for? And are you staying at the companies hotel? Pretty nervous about joburg as heard it is not very safe.
tara53

Postby sylviasz » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:38 pm

Hey guys! Sorry for not keeping up with the posts. I heard it gets a bit chilly too, but not to the extend we're getting in Canada right now, so you should be fine. heh. As for Joburg, I've asked around, and I think as long as you stay on main routes and kind of know where the sketchy areas are, you should be okay (and stay in groups!). I'm getting a little freaked out though, January snuck up on my faster than I anticipated....
sylviasz

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge