CRSA Volcano Adventure 31 Jan

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

CRSA Volcano Adventure 31 Jan

Postby garrym » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:53 am

Hi, my wife and I are on this one. Would be nice to hear from others on this trip. We are a mature couple and have travelled with gap before. Garry
garrym
User Rank: Weekender

Re: CRSA Volcano Adventure 31 Jan

Postby gleb-gleb » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 pm

Hello Gary, My name is Gleb I am going to this trip to. I am from St Petersburg, Russia. I have travelled with Gap 2 times before. I am sure we will have great time! Privet to your wife. Hasta pronto!
gleb-gleb
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby gill » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Garry, wife and Gleb. I'm Gillian, my husband Nigel and I are on this trip with you. We're from the south coast of England and are middle-aged. I've just been reading the tour details and making lists of thing to get.... getting quite excited!
gill

Postby garrym » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:56 am

Hello everyone. Nice to here from you, my wife is Carol and we will fly via Amsterdam landing San Jose 18.57 local 31st Jan, so will miss the welcome meeting. Hope to see you later that evening unless you are out seeing the town. Has anyone decided which currencies to take from home? Our experiance is getting US dollars is not essential, Sterling is easily converted plus local currencies. We had no problems with this stategy in Peru, India etc and saved conversion costs. Best wishes Garry
garrym

Postby gleb-gleb » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Hi Garry, Carol, Gilian and Nigel. My flight from Amsterdam to Panama city 30.01 at 11.35. For me dollars better then rubles cos nobody want rubles in Costa Rica I guess :D Best wishes Gleb
gleb-gleb

Postby garrym » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 am

Hi Gleb, We are with KLM 24 hours later same time. I should clarify I will have a minimum amount of dollars to pay items due in dollars, but find local currencies easier in general for small resteraunts, shops etc. Will you be taking anti maleria tablets? Garry
garrym

Postby gleb-gleb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:39 am

Hi Garri, I got anti maleria tablets in Bolivia. Everyone told me it is not necessary ... In Guatemala nobody in our groupe had them. So this tme I do not want take tablets.
gleb-gleb

Postby danb1974 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:15 am

Hello All,

This is Dan from Canada and I'll be on the volcano adventure too :lol: CAN NOT WAIT to get down to that tropical paradise!! I've been to Costa Rica before, but the other countries will be a new experience.

Bye for now, and we'll see you all soon

Dan :D
danb1974

Postby garrym » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:57 am

Hi Dan, look forward to meeting you. Preperations are complete. Found currencies difficult to decide on. Finally have settled on mainly local currency as this has proved best on previous trips worldwide, but Nicaraguan seems unvailable in UK so I have ended up with more dollars than I expected, cost of cash drawdown from ATM's work out expensive with my bank. Malaria tablets were recomended by my doctor (he said if we had problems, he would have to pick up the pieces) so we have these, very cheap anyway and only 2 a week, so why not. Also we add on Mayan Encounter after this trip and had them recomended for that trip as well! See you shortly Garry
garrym

Postby danb1974 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks Gary, yep the centres for disease control in Atlanta website states there is a malaria presence in all the countries we will be visiting, so as a precaution I'm bringing anti malaria pills. It will really suck to be down there and get sick and not enjoy the fine weather. If you get really bad then you might end up needing to get evacuated which would really really suck :P
danb1974

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge