ATRT130126: Thailand on a Shoestring - January 26, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: ATRT130126: Thailand on a Shoestring - January 26, 2013

Postby ready_to_discover » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 pm

I haven't started my packing list yet but one thing that i've been told to do by numerous people is to make several copies of my passport and drivers license and keep them stashed in different parts of your suitcase, your purse, etc just incase someone steals it from you then you have an extra copy stashed somewhere. The other thing that I'm going to do is scan them and send myself an e-mail of them just to have them that way to...you might want to do the same just to be safe!
ready_to_discover
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby rhirhi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:08 am

I have a pretty crazy packing list, but its mostly medical things like pain killers, malaria meds an insect repellent. Im trying to pack light as far as clothing goes as I have a habit of shopping :)
its only 15 days till I leave now, Its getting so close!
rhirhi

Postby ready_to_discover » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Good! I've got a bunch of meds as well. I was told that I won't need to take the malaria pills though because of where we're going to be travelling but it's probably best to have them just incase. I leave in 16 days...I can't believe how close it is! I'm so excited! And I love the fact that your a shopper! I am too! I think we're going to have a blast together!
ready_to_discover

Postby rhirhi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:11 am

I was told that some of the areas that we are going to we may be at risk, so I would prefer to be safe than sorry!
Also I think I need them for some of the parts of Vietnam I'm going to after our trip
Thats so good to hear, the more shopping buddies the better :D I've been told chang mai is the best place for shopping so Im looking forward to our time there!
rhirhi

Postby sissy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:55 am

One of my friends has been to Thailand and she says the shopping is amazing. She just told me yesterday to only pack two shirts, one dress and one pair of shorts, so that I have enough room for the clothes I will buy when there. haha Apparently she went to Thailand with one suitcase and came back with two. :)
sissy
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Previous

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge