Essential Vietnam and Cambodia 26th Jan 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Essential Vietnam and Cambodia 26th Jan 2013

Postby DMC75 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:57 am

Hi all,

Booked on the essential Vietnam and Cambodia trip kicking off on the 26th Jan, looking forward to finishing up in work for a few weeks and seeing these amazing countries!
Anyone else booked to go on this trip?

Cheers.

D
DMC75
User Rank: Weekender

Re: Essential Vietnam and Cambodia 26th Jan 2013

Postby ingridc » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey, I'm booked on the same trip but leaving a bit earlier on 3 jan one. are you all set for the trip? I'm still trying to sort out what I'm doing after this tour as have another 4 weeks to travel around before I fly out of Singapore , am thinking head up Chang mai for a few days and then down to the islands for 2/ 3 weeks, can't decide which islands as want to do them all !

Are you travelling on anywhere yourself afterwards?

Ingrid
ingridc
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby DMC75 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi Ingrid,

I am looking forward to finishing work for a month and starting this amazing trip through Vietnam and Cambodia! Once i get over the busy christmas period in work i can start getting the summer clothes out and shining my shades...lol
I have been on a few Gadventure tours already and love how they cram so much in over a few weeks and i am already getting excited thinking about Halong bay and Angkor wat etc.
I will just be staying over a couple of days extra in Bangkok at the end of the tour Ingrid but won't have time to hit the islands etc as i have to bounce back to work! :(
I have a friend who visits the islands every year and she raves about Koh phi phi and Koh tao and although on the mainland says Krabi is stunning too so you won't be stuck for places to visit.
It won't be long now till you trip starts, have you decided what you are going to bring clothes wise i hear the climate can vary a lot from the north too the south of Vietnam so lets hope the rainy weather stays away i see enough of rain in Ireland!

Cheers.

Darragh 8)
DMC75

Postby ingridc » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Jeez enough rain in Ireland is right, sick of it :) yep have phi phi and krabi down as definates, have decided to give koh samui a miss now, was there 10 years ago when heading to oz and by all accounts it's very commercial now and chewang is fairly costa del sol'ish so that's decided that. Plenty more to choose from. Have you decided on a spot in Bangkok to stay in yet? I'm looking to book something in advance and having trouble picking one that's half decent? Last time I was there I think the hotels i stayed in were fairly on the outskirts so don't want to make the same mistake again. Getting fairly excited now as I'm sure you are too. Just booked my hostel up in chiang mai too for 5 days, gonna leave the tours until I get there but heard about a great elephant spot 'Thailand elephant conservation centre' so hoping to spend some time there too. And what with the combats arriving in the post today from a bit of online shopping I'm nearly set!! Haha
ingridc

Postby DMC75 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 am

Ingrid,

You can't go wrong with a pair or two of combats...lol. I have a friend who has done the elephant trek up to Chang mai and she loved it, and the conservation centre sounds really cool also i will have to try and do more of Thailand on my next trip.
I always use booking.com when booking hotels and always find great deals so you should take a look as it gives you the exact location of hotels so you can make sure your right in the centre of the action/city. I am staying in the Hansar hotel when i finish the tour, as its the last few days of my holidays i am splashing out as a treat too myself...lol
I can't wait to do a few excursions on the tour the Chi chi tunnels look amazing and i might even brush up my cooking skills and take a vietnamese cookery course in Hoi an.
Its only a little over 3 weeks till to set off so you must be very excited now, today is my last day off till after Christmas so i am making the most of it.
Have a ball on your trip!

Take care Ingrid.

D
DMC75

Postby sez112 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:55 am

Hey, I'm doing this trip but departing on 24th Jan so will just miss you. It will be amazing! Hope you enjoy.

Sarah
sez112

Postby DMC75 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:26 am

Hey Sarah,

Thanks, i can't wait for this trip either so much to fit in and look forward too!! I see by your other post thats its your first trip, this will be my third and can't recommend Gadventures enough, i've had some great laughs and met some great friends along the way so enjoy every minute of it Sarah!!

Take care.

Darragh 8)
DMC75

Postby chris89 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:39 am

Hi there,

I will also be on this tour departing the 26th. Looking forward to it!! Did you see that we have to take the sleeper train from Danang to Ho Chi Minh.( tours departing 24th &26th).

Cheers

Chris :)
chris89

Postby DMC75 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Hey Chris,

Yes looks like we get 2 journeys on the sleeper trains should be fun! I have heard they are better quality more comfortable than say the Chinese trains, i took a trip across the tibetan plateau in one in 2011 and it was a bit grim to say the least...i love been woken at 4am with some tibetan farmers foot in my face as he climbed to the top bunk...lol...good times!

Not long to go now, see you in Hanoi Chris.

Cheers.

Darragh
DMC75

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge