Indochina Discovery 18/01/2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Indochina Discovery 18/01/2013

Postby catherine_clare86 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:34 pm

Just booked for this tour. V. excited, only a six month countdown :D Anyone else booked for this date?

Catherine
catherine_clare86
User Rank: Traveller

Re: Indochina Discovery 18/01/2013

Postby charm » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:02 pm

Me :D x
charm

Postby bekki_slinn » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Hey, I've booked to go on this date too :) Are you guys going on your own? Are you travelling anywhere else after?
bekki_slinn

Postby catherine_clare86 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:42 am

Hi Bekki. I'm just going on this trip, and travelling by myself. What about yourself? Where you travelling from?

x
catherine_clare86

Postby bekki_slinn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:54 am

Yeh I'm travelling on my own too! I'm flying from Heathrow, what about you? I've got a couple more tours booked after - going round the small islands at the bottom of Thailand and then up to China and then I have got a work visa for Australia. Not long to go now! Have you got everything ready to go?
bekki_slinn

Postby catherine_clare86 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah I'm pretty much sorted, just need to get some bits and pieces, how about yourself? I'm flying from Birmingham, and changing at Amsterdam, so will be in Bangkok around 10am on the 18th. I know it'll soon be here, its 72 days till I fly out. Wow your itinery sounds great, have you organised everything for the rest of your trip? Our tour is fully booked so hopefully it will be a good bunch. :mrgreen:
catherine_clare86

Postby bekki_slinn » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:38 pm

I think I'm about sorted too - I'm sure there's something that I've forgotten though!! I'm flying from Heathrow and changing in Bombay - I think the flight transfers the bit I'm most worried about at the moment! I'll be in Bangkok at 7.40am. Wow is it only 72 days? Thats so soon! I'm fairly organised for the rest until I get to Australia - I think I'm just going to see what happens when I get there haha! Yeh will hopefully be a good group of people :) I'm so excited!!
bekki_slinn

Postby catherine_clare86 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:49 am

Yep, must admit the transfers are a bit daunting especially as I have never been on a transferring flight before. It'll be fine 8) yeah not long at all, Xmas and new year are not far away, then our trip is just round the corner, exciting times!!
catherine_clare86

Postby bekki_slinn » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:55 pm

I've never done one either, I'm sure the flights will be fine though! Yeh this year has whizzed by, will be no time at all until we're there! Have you done any travelling before?
bekki_slinn

Postby charm » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:03 am

Hey Bekki!

I'm going on this trip with my best mate :) We are travelling on elsewhere after too! What part of Australia are you going to? We are flying from Heathrow as well but we don't fly until about 10pm ish on the 17th and it's a straight flight through (thank god!) We arrive in Bangkok about an hour before the tour group is supposed to meet so we will rush straight to the hotel! Have you got your visas, vaccinations and travel insurance sorted? These are apparently some of the most common things that people forget!

Can't believe it's so close!

Charm x
charm

Postby bekki_slinn » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 am

Hey Charm! I'm flying into Sydney but I haven't really planned anything after that! Going to see what happens when I get there :D Where abous are you and your friend going afterwards? Sounds like I'm going to be the first one getting there haha!

Travel insurance is sorted. I've got my visa for Vietnam and Australia, need to sort my China one at the end of this month. Are there any others I need for this tour? I think the rest can be got at the border can't they?

Booked in to get vaccinations - doctors said I only need to go 6 weeks before.

I know just over 2 months to go!

Bekki :)
bekki_slinn

Postby catherine_clare86 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 pm

Heya,

Bekki - no I haven't done any travelling before. Wish I was able to do more after this trip, but if it all goes to plan, should be starting my Masters in September so can't really afford to do any more at the moment. What time are we allowed to check in? Is it 12? I'm hoping to try and go on a khlong before the group meets up, how about you?

Charm - thought I would reply to your message from the other thread on here, to stop it getting confusing :lol: I've got the main stuff I think, just need to get some odds and ends. I've put my potential summer-y clothing in a bag, and need to whittle it all down. Are you guys taking much in the way of toiletries, don't want to weigh my bag down if its easier to buy when we are there?

x
catherine_clare86

Postby bekki_slinn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:02 pm

Hey!

I knew I wasn't as organised as I need to be haha - Don't even know what the name of the hotel is! I have a transfer booked from the airport so I was just assuming I would be able to check in then - Will email the travel agent again with some more questions! Was hoping I would be able to check in, have a quick powernap (I can never sleep on planes!) and maybe go for a little explore before everyone meets up.

I have no idea how much stuff to take - my friends went recently and said they bought most stuff out there but coz I'm going to be travelling for a while after I don't know whether to maybe take a bit more with me.
bekki_slinn

Postby catherine_clare86 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Haha, I have no idea, was just a guess. Didn't mean to panic you. I'm sure if you've booked a transfer you should be able to check in, they would have told you if not. Did your friend have a good time on her trip? From what I've heard, most things you can get relatively cheap and easy so you should be fine re: packing. Ten weeks today we will all be either in the air, or getting ready to. :)
catherine_clare86

Postby bekki_slinn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am

No it's good that you panic me now haha, I'd rather realise I don't know these things now than when I get there!! Yeh I don't want to take too much coz I don;t want my bag to weigh a ton. My friends had an amazing time, they said that they were getting rid of some of their things on the way to make their bags lighter and just bought what they needed there. I can't believe its so soon! xxx
bekki_slinn

Next

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge