SZRM-20140722- Southern cross westbound Rio to Lima 22July14

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

SZRM-20140722- Southern cross westbound Rio to Lima 22July14

Postby lee.v » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi there.
Lee from Australia here! :) I am booked on this trip and travelling solo. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the trip!
lee.v
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: SZRM-20140722- Southern cross westbound Rio to Lima 22Ju

Postby ebadke » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Hi Lee,

I'm Eamonn from London, also travelling solo on this trip! Nice you meet you :)
ebadke

Postby lee.v » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:52 am

Hi Eamonn! Good to hear there's another solo traveller on the trip! Is this your first time to South America? I've never been before so i am really looking forward to it. I've never travelled on a tour before either, I'm sure it will be fun. Do you have any idea how many have booked onto our tour? (I'm a 37 yr old female, in case you're wandering since my name is unisex)
lee.v

Postby ebadke » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Lee, I agree that it's nice to know you aren't going to be the only person that doesn't know anyone on the trip. It will be my first time to South America as well so am really looking forward to it. I went on a family tour round South Africa when I was younger which was really fun but that was through a different company and had to accommodate for under 18s as well. I have no idea how many people are booked onto our tour, I guess we will find out when we get there. What time do you arrive in Rio on the first day? (I also thought you were male at first because I don't know any women called Lee, so thanks for clearing that up haha)
ebadke

Postby lee.v » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Wow, South Africa, I'm interested to hear about it sometime as i plan to go there myself in the future! I've done a lot of travelling over the years to Europe, Asia and America. We'll swap stories during the trip I'm sure. I am going to Argentina before the tour starts to check out the city of Buenos Aires for 3 nights. I'm flying from there to Rio on Monday the 21st. I get to Rio about 8pm and i have booked a night in the same hotel we are starting the tour in. I think we all meet up on the Tuesday arvo, first day of the tour. When do you get to Rio?
lee.v

Postby ebadke » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:15 pm

South Africa was pretty amazing, I would definitely recommend it as somewhere to visit. I would have liked to have done a bit of Argentina as well, but I really didn't have the money for it. I land in Rio at about 5am on Tuesday the 22nd. The tour doesn't stay in Rio long so arriving so early gives me a chance to see some of the city before we leave the next day :)
ebadke

Postby lee.v » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Well if you'd like some company checking out the city, have reception call my room (Lee Vanzwan) and I'll meet up with you. I will be heading down for an early breakfast and getting out and about afterwards. Otherwise I'll see you in the afternoon when we all meet up! Have a safe trip over. :)
lee.v

Postby ebadke » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:02 am

That sounds good, hopefully I will get enough sleep on the plane so won't be too tired when I get to Rio. Have a great time in Buenos Aires :)
ebadke

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge