Costa Rica Adventure - 25 March Departure

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Costa Rica Adventure - 25 March Departure

Postby hannah.m » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Hi all

I thought I'd get this topic started to see who else is going on the Costa Rica Adventure trip on 25 March. I'm 25 years old, and from the UK.

It would be nice to hear from others going on the trip - just over 2 weeks to go now!

Hannah
hannah.m
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Costa Rica Adventure - 25 March Departure

Postby rio » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Hannah, just booked this trip a few days ago and I better start packing soon..
I'm from Ottawa, Canada. I'll be arriving in CR right on the 25th in afternoon.
rio

Postby billandsue@comcast.nte » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:02 pm

Hello Hanna and Rio
My wife, Susan, and I will be on the trip. We belong to an outdoor club, SOLAR, here in Michigan. A good friend organized this same trip through G Advantures with 15 people from our club about five years ago. He thought it was fantastic. We are retired, but active. One concern, many of the people had stomach problems. They were not sure from what.
Rio, the architectural firm I worked for were the architects for the Arena where the Senators play. Didn't work on that project though.
billandsue@comcast.nte

Postby _amanda_ » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi everyone
I'm joining this trip too - am looking forward to it! Am just packing now for the trip, and only a week to go! I'm arriving in the afternoon of the 25th, so will see you all that night :)

Amanda
_amanda_

Postby rio » Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Hello to all,

Looks like we have a full group. Should be great. :)
re: stomach, I took Dukoral oral vaccine before my last trip to central America and did not get sick at any point of a 3 week trip (coincidence?maybe). must be done 1 week prior to arrival.
Amanda, where are you coming from ? My flight arrives at 13:30. If that's around your time maybe we can share a cab to hotel.
I better get back to packing now... B)

R
rio

Postby hannah.m » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:14 am

Hi all

Nice to virtually meet some of you! Just had a look and the trip is now sold out, so it will be a large group which should be great.

I'm arriving around 4.30pm on the Monday, so I'll see you all at the hotel that evening! Hoping the jet lag wears off quickly...

Hannah
hannah.m

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge