EV10GB130317: Deluxe Galapagos 10 day Northern Islands - Mar

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

EV10GB130317: Deluxe Galapagos 10 day Northern Islands - Mar

Postby schraderrj » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:34 am

Hi everyone, I am a late signup (as a single) for the 10 day G8 Galapagos cruise starting on March 17th. I got a very late start planning/preparing for this last minute trip but I'm looking forward to the Galapagos and meeting all of my fellow travelers. I will be arriving in Quito on March 14th and hope to do some sightseeing in/around Quito. Is anyone else who is signed up for trip going to arrive early in Quito who might want to do some sight seeing together? If so, let me know. Even if you are not arriving early, I'd love to find out who my travel mates will me!

Bob Schrader
Huntsville, AL
schraderrj
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: EV10GB130317: Deluxe Galapagos 10 day Northern Islands -

Postby dogherty » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Hey Bob my name is Dean Dogherty I am on the same trip as you. I arrive also late on March 14 . I do have the day on March 15 to explore Quito. I am mountain biking on March 16. I will leave a message at the desk at the Quito hotel for you if you want to hang out on the 15th. Cheers Dean Dogherty Vancouver Island Canada
dogherty

Postby dogherty » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:41 pm

Hey Bob Dean again when are you arriving in Quito? I am travelling Vancouver Houston and then Houston to Quito on United leaving Houston at 4:15 just wondering if you are on the same flight?
Cheers Dean
dogherty

Postby schraderrj » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Hey Dean, yes, I am on your same United flight on Thur to Quito. I don't arrive in Houston till 3:00 pm so hopefully my flight is not late. Have you made any transfer arrangements yet from the Quito airport to your hotel? G Adven told me to just hail a taxi at the airport but I'm a little leary about doing that. Thought about trying to schedule the transfer online with someone. Where are you staying Thur-Sat? I couldn't get a room at the Colon for Thur nite so I'm staying at another hotel a couple blocks away and then transferring to the Colon sometime on Friday. Do you know if there is a way to exchange phone numbers on this forum without their being made public for all to see? It would be a lot easier to communicate with each other by phone than thru this forum.
schraderrj

Postby dogherty » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 am

Bob Dean again. I am taking a Taxi travel agent said safe and easy from new airport. We can share if you want. I will try to meet you in Houston near the gate!
Cheers Dean
dogherty

Postby schraderrj » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Dean, sounds good. I'll see you at the gate, hopefully before they start boarding. I'll probably have either a Cardinals or Alabama hat on. Later, Bob
schraderrj

Postby schraderrj » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Dean, how/with whom did you arrange for your mtn biking trip? G Aven told me to go thru the hotel when I get there to arrange for tours/hiking/etc but I'm afraid that I won't be able to set anything up that quickly, especially for Friday. I would really like to go to Cotopaxi Nat'l Park to do some hiking and or other stuff.
schraderrj

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge