Indochina Discovery April 19, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Indochina Discovery April 19, 2013

Postby toriward » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi :D

I'm booked in for the 30 day Indochina Discovery Tour starting in Bangkok on April 19th. This is my first Gadventures trip and it would be cool to get to know any others booked on the same trip!

I'm Tori from Weston-super-Mare in the UK, 23 years old and i'll be arriving in Bangkok on 17th april 2013! Planning on staying somewhere on Khao San Road for a few nights before the trip starts! Afterwards i'll be heading to some of the Southern Thai Islands, Malaysia, Singapore and then Australia!!

If anyone is on the same trip or doing the same sort of route as me, it would be good to get to know you before we go!

x
toriward
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Indochina Discovery April 19, 2013

Postby huwtc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Hello,

My name is Huw and I'm from Cardiff. I am booked onto the same trip and likewise it is my first trip with G adventures. I'm arriving into Bangkok on the 18th, and staying in the meeting hotel the night before the trip starts.

Afterwards I'm heading to Japan, China and also Australia

Huw
huwtc

Postby toriward » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Huw :)

Ahh Cardiff, not far from me then! Not long to go now, i'm super excited. I need to sort out my Visa for Vietnam soon, i've been told that we need to get it before the trip starts! Apparently we can get the other visa's during the trip.

Have you ever been to Asia before? A few of my friends have been and travelled solo, had an amazing time, so I thought i'd give it a go!

Look forward to meeting you!

Tori
toriward

Postby huwtc » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:29 am

Have you bought all you need for the trip?

Not long now
huwtc

Postby toriward » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:04 am

I've got my rucksack sorted, took me ages to decide but went with a 65 litre Berghaus! Also got various other bits and pieces-travel adaptors/malaria tablets etc etc there's bound to be things that I've forgotten though! When I get to Bangkok on the 17th I've booked into the hotel where the tour starts for 2 nights before :) have you got everything organised?

I can't believe how quickly it's come around! I only have two more days left at work and I'm off for 6 months!!
toriward

Postby huwtc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Yes, think most things are sorted other than trivial stuff such as how many pairs of socks to bring. I'm staying in the same hotel, but just for one night before the start of the trip.

Snap, i have a berghaus as well
huwtc

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge