Classic Vietnam Departing Hanoi Jan. 17, 2013

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Classic Vietnam Departing Hanoi Jan. 17, 2013

Postby solarsarge » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Anyone else going on this trip? We will be in Hanoi from Jan. 14 until we meet on the 17th and would like to get to know some of our tripmates prior to the initial meeting on the 17th at the Asian Ruby Hotel.

I am Steve and you can reach me by responding to this message. Hope to hear from some of you.
solarsarge
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Classic Vietnam Departing Hanoi Jan. 17, 2013

Postby solarsarge » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Followup to my previous posting: I and my travel companion would be interested in visiting (of all things) a clothing factory in Vietnam. This came to mind when I noticed that a large proportion of the clothing that I am planning to take on my trip to Vietnam came originally from there. I have inquired of the Gap crew in Toronto whether it might be possible to arrange such an excursion and the very nice young lady said she would make an inquiry of the Gap office in Hanoi as to the feasibility of such an auxiliary trip. She said she will let me know the outcome via e-mail.

If other tour members are interested in a factory tour, please respond to this message with your thoughts.
solarsarge

Re: Classic Vietnam Departing Hanoi Jan. 17, 2013

Postby solarsarge » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Well I requested a tour of a clothing factory and got a response that we can visit a pottery factory. My guess is that this would primarily be for the purpose of buying the product from the factory, which is not of interest to me. Claudia and I will arrive in Hanoi on the 14th and see if we can arrange a clothing factory tour, to be taken either by the Jan. 17 group if desired, or before the tour starts by us and any other early arrivers. We will be staying in the Asian Ruby hotel starting the night of Jan 14 and could be reached through the desk by asking for me, Steve Sargent.

We look forward to meeting up with the rest of the group on the 17th if not before.
solarsarge

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge