northern Hilltribes and villages 26th jan?

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: northern Hilltribes and villages 26th jan?

Postby rhirhi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:19 am

hey Guys
I'm on the 16 day tour with my best friend, I'm so excited for it!
I'm getting into Bangkok on the 23rd in the afternoon so we can get our bearings in Bangkok before going on the tour.
My name is Rhiannon and I study exercise physiology at uni and I live in Sydney. this is the first time I've done this kind of tour.
I would love to get to know some of you before the trip, my full name is Rhiannon Andrews and my profile pic is me with a bowl of coffee with a coffee moustache....
Have you guys started packing lists yet, I'm stating to freak out about how much I need to do before I leave!
rhirhi
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby jotdot » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:02 am

Hi All,

My name is Jo and I'm really looking forward to this trip and meeting some new people. I am from Adelaide, Australia and travelling alone (well, until I meet you all!).

Naomi, I am also arriving at about midday on the 25th, so maybe we can meet at the airport and go to the hotel together?

Not long now!
Jo.
jotdot

Postby sissy » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 am

Hi Jo,

nice to meet you! Do you have any plans for after the tour?
sissy
User Rank: Weekender

Postby nimnoms » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Jo,

nice to meet you! awesome, im going to australia after thailand! are you on facebook? my full name is naomi redman and my profile pic is of the vegas sign if you want to find me! otherwise my email address is naomiredman@hotmail.co.uk. Those are the best ways to contact me until i get a sim card! are you staying in the bangkok centre hotel on the 25th too? would be great to meet up!

see you soon x
nimnoms

Postby nimnoms » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:37 am

oh sorry i didnt read your message fully jo! sure, it would be great to meet at the airport and share a taxi! so will you have a phone number i could call? or otherwise if there is wifi i can get a message via email. let me know if you have a phone number you will be using tho and i could try calling it! :D
nimnoms

Postby Rachel » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:51 am

hi jo & Rhiannon nice to meet u both! i will also be there on the 25th jo i fly in at 8am in the morning so i shall see you both at the hotel, we can explore together on the first day woohoo getting excited now still need loads and its snowing here so hard to get out, i hope the weather is better for us naomi next week for our flight ....no flight changes :-(, i dont have facebook but i look forward to meeting you all next week, i was in north wales on sunday it snowed heavy ha, me and my friend went up tha moel famau and round logger heads an had a bite to eat was great. x
Rachel

Postby jotdot » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:28 am

Sounds like a plan Naomi, but I can't find you on Facebook. I'll email you my contact details or you can try to find me on Facebook (Josephine To, picture of me and a plate of seafood). I'm staying in Bangkok one more night and booked into a more expensive place so that I can recover before an overnight flight and straight back to work on Monday. But if others are still around after I'm sure we can make plans during the tour.

I've come from raging hot Adelaide, to cool Hong Kong so I think my body will be entirely confused by the time I get to Thailand!
jotdot

Postby rhirhi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:20 am

I'm staying at a different hotel to start with, But I still think it would be awesome to meet you guys once your in Bangkok, especially since my hotel is just down the road. we can probably figure out a place to meet up once you are all settled though :)
I'm so excited now! I'm all packed and ready to go! in about 50 hours I will be in bangkok!
rhirhi

Postby rhirhi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:56 am

Hey people, if your getting in on the 25th and want a hand getting around g
For the first night do you want to meet at the MBK shopping centre tomorrow evening? It's near the hotel the tour starts in and has a good food court on level 5 which we could meet up at, let's say 6.30?
If
Your keen let me know, my email is annajessi@live.com.au, feel free to email or Facebook me (full name Rhiannon Andrews)
Otherwise I'll see you Saturday!
Woohoo
rhirhi

Postby jotdot » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 am

I think there is a tour meeting at the hotel at 6pm, but keen to have dinner after that.

See you all soon!
jotdot

Postby rhirhi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:52 am

I was meaning tonight, so before the tour starts :)
But tomorrow night we will go out for sure!
rhirhi

Previous

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge