northern Hilltribes and villages 26th jan?

A selection of threads from the Departure Lounge. These trips have already departed.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

northern Hilltribes and villages 26th jan?

Postby nimnoms » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 am

Hi,

i was just wondering if anyone was going on the above 8 day trip in Thailand? I am 26 from north wales and travelling alone. Would love to know who's going! :D
nimnoms
User Rank: Weekender

Re: northern Hilltribes and villages 26th jan?

Postby sissy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:51 am

Hey there,

my name is Sarah and I have booked "Thailand on a Shoestring" for January 26, 2013. Our two tours are combined and we'll travel together for 8 days. :D

I am also traveling by myself.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Sarah
sissy

Postby nimnoms » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:42 am

Hi Sarah! So nice to hear from you! I have booked this just to get my bearings, then I have no plans! I really want to do some island hopping after, what about you? what are your plans following the trip?
Where are you from?

:)
nimnoms

Postby sissy » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:31 am

Hey ... (What's your name by the way?)

my trip is 16 days long and then I was planning on sticking around Thailand for an additional 5 days. I'm not sure yet if I'll do some island hopping or if I'm hitting up more cities. I know that my tour visits Koh Tao and Koh Samui fore sure.

How much time do you want to spend in Thailand?

I am from Germany, but am currently living in China. I am a teacher at a high school.

Sarah
sissy

Postby ready_to_discover » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:13 am

Hi Ladies!

My name is Thea and I'm doing the same 16 day tour as Sarah. I too am travelling alone and I' staying an extra 4 nights in Bangkok after the trip. I'm from Canada. I would love to get to know you two more before we can actually meet!
ready_to_discover
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby nimnoms » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi sarah and Thea!
I'm so excited for this now! So Sarah I am also a high school teacher back home in the uk, but i left my job for an epic adventure!!
So my trip is 8 days long, where do you go for the other 8 days? What hotel are you staying in before the trip? I decided to book one night at the same hotel we are leaving from for the trip! Im in thailand for a month in total but after those 8days I have nothing planned so Im hoping evrything will fall into place!
What do you do Thea?
nimnoms

Postby ready_to_discover » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:27 pm

Hello again!

I may have missed it, but what is your and your friend's name?
I am a massage therapist in ontario, and I too am travelling alone. I'm so excited! I must admit, I'm getting a little nervous though! I've never done anything like this before, especially on my own!
ready_to_discover

Postby Rachel » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 pm

hey,

I am also on this trip traveling alone very nervous but excited to so its great to meet you all!, my name is rachel 25 from the UK. Im getting there the 25th though.
:D
Rachel

Postby nimnoms » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:34 am

HI thea my name's naomi and im doing the 8day trip to changmai, but staying in thailand until 23rd feb with nothing furtherl planned yet!
Hi rachel, which tour ar you doing? im arriving bangkok on the 25th of jAN too and staying at the bangkok centre hotel- anyone staying there on the 25th?
see you soon! xx
nimnoms

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:34 am

im excited now ha, i am also getting there the 25th im flying from manchester on the 24th with emirates i land on the 25th at 8am then staying in the bankok central hotel, how about you naomi? also how are you getting from the airport to the hotel?. i am doing hilltribes and villages tour 2 days in bankok then an overnight train to chang mai in total 8 days i think, i go home then though :-( wish i could stay on but i have no more time off in work which is a shame, ill probably end up ringing my boss and saying i quit staying out here ha x
Rachel

Postby sissy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 am

Hey Naomi,

The last 8 days of the tour that Thea and I are on will take us to the southern part of Thailand. We are going to a few islands for a beach holiday. You should also make your way down there; I've been told the scenery is amazing.

Rachel, looking forward to meeting you soon. :D

I won't get in until the day the tour starts on the 26th.
sissy

Postby Rachel » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:52 am

hi sarah

i look forward to meeting you also :-), your plan sounds amazing!

see you soon x
Rachel

Postby nimnoms » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 am

Rachel,
You will be at the bangkok centre hotel same time as me! i get there on the 25th Jan at 12pm form london heathrow, so not long after you! Can I add you on facebook if you have it?! My full name is Naomi Redman profile pic is of vegas sign and me! will be much easier to communicate if you do! we could meet up at some point then!
P.s - sweet talk your boss into letting you have another week lol :D

Sissy and Thea,
I am thinking of going to the islands after we get back from our tour in chang mai, but no idea how or which island to go to! anyway we can talk about this soon! excited to meet you all! if you have facebook please feel free to add me too if you want! see you soon :D
nimnoms

Postby nimnoms » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:34 am

oh yeah sorry rachel, I was just gonna get a taxi from the airport to the hotel!
nimnoms

Postby sissy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:05 am

Naomi, I tried searching you on Facebook but couldn't find you. Maybe you can find me instead? My full name is Sarah Eichert. My profile pic is me in a red coat poking a mountain. lol

Rachel and Thea, if you have Facebook, feel free to also add me. :D
sissy

Next

Return to Archive from the Departure Lounge