Why don't mods get answers to questions?

If you have feedback or a suggestion regarding your recent G Adventures experience, or comments pertaining to Customer Service please post it here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy, Customer_Service

Why don't mods get answers to questions?

Postby obragg » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:44 am

I posted a question in the forum about tipping and have had no answers. Do the mods expect other users to answer? Why can THEY not get the answer and post it? Disappointed in this feature.
obragg
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: Why don't mods get answers to questions?

Postby ballu » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 pm

Moderators are not employees of G Adventures, however we have all travelled with the company.

The forum is for travellers to help other travellers out with advice.

If you need information from an employee of G Adventures, sometimes they post on the forum, but you're better off calling them directly.
EMBRACE THE BIZARRE
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list

If you never get lost, you never get found

ballu

Postby obragg » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:06 pm

I did ask the question and got no answer.
obragg

Postby graybeard » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 pm

To review: the mods here, what few are left from the glory days, are volunteers. If you have an important question, phone GAP directly.(It's not clear from your response that you actually made the phone call.) Do not depend on this casual forum, though it can be helpful at times. If an PAID employee based at the home office can not answer your question, it is unlikely anyone else can. Or at least IMHO.
graybeard
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby IncaTrail50 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:34 pm

I've been a member here for a long time and I kind of get the feeling the mods more or less monitor posts for suitability (and remove offensive ones); and make sure posts are in the proper forum. They may not have traveled recently to wherever your question is about so they leave it to the rest of us to answer.
And for the rest of us here in the Watering Hole, you may not get an answer from us if no one has been there recently because none of us want to give you erroneous information.

You could try the "Before You Go" page that's included with every tour. There is almost always a section on tipping. Any of the trips I've been on the tipping suggestion there was bang-on.
I will never let my dreams just be dreams.
IncaTrail50
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Return to The Suggestion Box