Are you a travel addict??

If it's not related to travel it goes here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

Re: Are you a travel addict??

Postby lesliew » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 pm

My friends and family think I'm a travel addict. My co-workers are always asking me "where are you going next?!" Although I haven't been around the world like alot of people - mainly just all over the U.S. (I'm a big fan of road trips...my family would take a big one every summer when I was growing up). I'm taking my first GAP trip next month to Africa...my co-workers are just like "yeah, it figures...". :lol:

lesliew
User Rank: Nomad

Postby JaliscoJudy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 am

Yes, that's how it starts. Road trips as a child. Local travel. And then, one day you wonder -- Why not international travel? Indeed, why not.

Great first trip. I'm jealous. I really, really want to go to Africa. Maybe next year...
C R E A T E .H A P P I N E S S .& .C O M M U N I T Y
"creating happiness is a privilege we all share"
http://www.gadventures.com/about-us/gadventures/
JaliscoJudy

Postby lesliew » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:43 am

Exactly..I have my passport (because I have been to Canada and to Spain and France about 15 years ago as part of a school trip) and started thinking "I really need to put this thing to use!"

lesliew

Postby ExplorerWannaBe » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:18 pm

I just got back from the UK last night and I'm already jonesing for my next trip ... <sigh>
ExplorerWannaBe
User Rank: Road Warrior

Postby missmo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Yes! I just came back from Italy last Sunday, it was my first G trip and today I just booked my second to Mexico!! :D
My wishlist is growing and will hopefully become a reality over the next few years.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
''Nothing happens unless first a dream....'' Carl Sandburg

missmo
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Postby lesliew » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 pm

I just returned from Tanzania and people have been looking at my photos and already asking where I'm going next...the only problem with being a travel addict is the constant pressure to top yourself! :)

lesliew

Postby kat6942 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Finally a support group for my particular affliction (if one would call it that).

I'm in the unfortunate position of having used all of my vacation time at the beginning of this year (Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Hungary) and have been itching to go for far too long now. Symptoms include searching for a new job so I can start a new travel kitty (to no avail). My co-workers ask me every day where I'm going today because I talk about a new country or trip everyday. They just don't know that I'm planning for deep into 2015 at the moment. We talk about my imaginary vacations but they don't know how real they are for me.

My mania appears to be contagious as those around me all appear to be catching the bug.

I have been hearing some negative comments lately from non-travel obsessed folks. I think most people who don't do this dismiss it as being too expensive or think that the world in general is dangerous and full of "dirty people". It's all about priorities and worldview. They're willing to go in credit card debt for new clothes. I'm happy to wear mine into the ground and save up for Indonesia. And I feel safer travelling that I do walking in parts of my hometown at night. I don't think the "dirty people" comment needs to be addressed.
kat6942
User Rank: Weekender
User Rank: Weekender

Postby onyx007 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:27 pm

kat6942 wrote:My mania appears to be contagious as those around me all appear to be catching the bug.

I have been hearing some negative comments lately from non-travel obsessed folks. I think most people who don't do this dismiss it as being too expensive or think that the world in general is dangerous and full of "dirty people". It's all about priorities and worldview. They're willing to go in credit card debt for new clothes. I'm happy to wear mine into the ground and save up for Indonesia. And I feel safer travelling that I do walking in parts of my hometown at night. I don't think the "dirty people" comment needs to be addressed.

Hey, I have the same experience with my friends. I even infected my little sister. Also about the negative comments I can tell one story or the other.
onyx007
User Rank: World Wanderer
User Rank: World Wanderer

Postby Zuleika » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:44 pm

I've got a saving account called my travel account, I am saving up to go for the Antarctica, Falklands and South Georgia trip for my next big birthday - which is several years away yet - its my ultimate dream trip.
But alas I keep accidentally spending the fund as I want to go on holidays NOW too! lololol :P
But I will get to the Antarctic one day I promise you that!
"Live the life you love, Love the life you live"
Zuleika

Previous

Return to Off-topic