EURO 2012 in Costa Rica

If it's not related to travel it goes here.

Moderators: sinecure, TravelFun, ballu, jimshu, JaliscoJudy

EURO 2012 in Costa Rica

Postby haribo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Hello fellow soccer fans,

I recently booked the Costa Rica Quest tour (23 June - 1 July) and realized the EURO 2012 semi-finals and Final fall within these dates! Does anyone know how easy it would be to catch the games while in Costa Rica? I assume they are a football-loving nation but I'm not sure -- any tips on how and where to watch the games?

Looking forward to your insights!

-A
haribo
User Rank: Daytripper
User Rank: Daytripper

Re: EURO 2012 in Costa Rica

Postby thecakeisalie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 am

You shouldn't have too much trouble when you're in cities, or even at a sports bar with a satellite dish. They are a football loving nation, much like the rest of central and South America, and will most likely have an option for catching games, err... matches, somewhere. I'm currently in Malaysia and I see it on TV and advertised in the hotel bar daily, there's even a scoreboard down in the lobby. I'm guessing Central America will give it similar treatment. The only time you may have trouble is when you're in the jungle. And even then, you might be surprised. I did the 3 day Pacuare rafting trip once in Costa Rica, where they advertise no electricity, all natural, only candles and torches, etc. Well, I made friends with the caretaker, and as it turns out, he had a generator in his little shack! Guess what he was watching when I went to visit... :)
thecakeisalie
User Rank: Explorer
User Rank: Explorer

Return to Off-topic